Thomson Reuters Finance & Risk is looking to add a Senior Software Engineer to our Regulatory Intelligence team at our Toronto office. This challenging position requires someone to think independently, but still work well with others. This is a chance to get in and make an immediate impact on our new and expanding product line. It is an opportunity to work for a great company with smart people on a large system that is used worldwide.
The Senior Software Engineer should have the ability to deliver high quality work on time in a high-energy environment while collaborating and brainstorming with other developers in a dynamic team environment. A combination of strong planning, organization, time management skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects are key. The Senior Software Engineer will also contribute to the maintenance and support of production systems as necessary.
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world’s businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline is required.
- Expert design skills including significant knowledge of core libraries and common design patterns
- 1 to 2 years of leadership skills with a track record of mentoring, setting technical goals, and delegating tasks
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize work effectively
- Ability for writing clean code that is easy to understand
- Solid experience using OO and JEE design patterns and software development methodologies
- Able to work independently with minimal direction and guidance to achieve goals
- Experience using Agile Methodologies
- Customer first approach to software development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (ability to communicate effectively with technical staff, Business Analysts, management, and business team members) Desired Experience
- Experience with XML processing and transformations (XPath, XSLT, etc.)
- Experience with Hadoop, BigData, HBase, HDFS
- Server side programming technologies including Spring
- Web technologies a plus, to include: AngularJS, CSS and HTML 5
- Other experience a plus, to include: Tomcat, Hibernate/JPA, UML, React, .NET, Groovy, Java 8, CDAP
- Managing code and changes in a team environment to include experience with source control utilities, such as Git
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging experience
- Comfortable doing small-scale design in addition to hands-o development
- Working and interacting with a geographically and culturally diverse team
- Mentoring junior developers and team members At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We’ll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Job: *Technology Development Family Group
Organization: *Technology & Ops - F&R Technology Risk Technology
Location: Canada-Ontario-Toronto-CAN-TORONTO-333 Bay Street
Requisition ID: 16001573