Jewel-Osco Clerk Butcher Block in Orange, California
PURPOSE: Provides courteous, personalized service to customers at the Butcher Block through the preparation of prepared products and the display and sale of meat and poultry products. Ensures customer service and product quality, freshness, safety and selection.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Champions Company and Division customer service programs to meet or exceed Division customer service goals. Handles customer relations in a positive manner, including effective resolution of customer complaints and reporting to the Meat Manager or Store Director as appropriate. Promotes Albertson’s philosophy of personalized service.
- Receives and breaks down loads. Stocks, displays and rotates meat, poultry and seafood products in the Butcher Block to ensure quality, freshness, selection, eye-appeal and proper inventory level to meet customer demands. Processes fresh fish and other seafood items.
- Prepares seafood salads and other seasoned or prepared product. Cooks food samples. Steams clams and lobsters.
- Weighs, wraps and prices butcher block products.
- Opens and sets up butcher block cases. Closes, pulls down and cleans butcher block case according to Company procedures. Ensures cleanliness and sanitation of sales floor, work area, freezer and cooler, equipment and retail cases.
- Implements effective promotional and seasonal displays. Controls shrink and expenses.
- Ensures proper inventory level, product quality and freshness and to prevent the sale of out of code or spoiled products. Maintains and organizes and work area.
- Ensures proper merchandising of product by understanding and implementing schematics, merchandising of advertised items, proper signing procedures and monitoring product flow. Complies with retail labeling laws, federal and state regulations and Company policies.
- Follows Company policy in pricing and handling re-worked and reduced-to-clear items. Complies with all federal, state and local health, and food handling and safety standards.
- Handles customers relations. Assists customers by taking and filling special orders. Makes product suggestions and engages in suggestive selling. Makes intercom announcements.
- Answers and responds to incoming calls appropriately. Receives and appropriately resolves customer complaints and reports to the Butcher Block Supervisor or Store Director as appropriate.
- Maintains and cleans knives, scales, display cases, knives, scales, steamers, broilers, microwave oven, boiling pots and other cooking and cutting equipment.
- Responsible for performing all job duties and responsibilities safely, accurately and with honesty and integrity.
Other necessary and required duties.
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires working knowledge of all job duties within the Butcher Block including cutting, wrapping, steaming and customer service.
- Requires strong communication skills and interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain composure in dealing with customers and co-workers.
- Requires a good understanding of overall company practices and Butcher Block policies and procedures. Requires the ability to judge and react to business activity.
- Must have knowledge of product variety, standards, perishability, food safety, sanitation, labeling and department policies and procedures.
- Frequently reaches, lifts, stacks and maneuvers objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 55 lbs. Bends, stoops and reaches frequently and occasionally climbs ladders. Pushes and pulls fully loaded hand trucks, high boys and pallet jacks. Performs repetitious arm movement to prepare and package products.
- Manual dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are necessary. Must be able to operate kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Mental alertness is necessary to ensure safe and accurate completion of work activities. Requires knowledge of basic mathematics and weights and measures. Must have knowledge of taste, content and perishability of products, safety and sanitation procedures and department policies and procedures.
- Utilizes knives, scales, steamers, broilers, microwave oven, boiling pots and other cooking and cutting equipment. Utilizes cleaning supplies and equipment. Utilizes safety cutters. Requires use of safety gloves.
- May be required to work nights, weekends and holidays. Scheduled hours will vary. Good attendance is required.
Exposure to potential hazards exists with respect to cutting equipment and other work aids necessary to perform job duties.
Hands are in frequent contact with ice, hot and cold water, and meat, fish and poultry products. Exposure to heat and steam of 400˚ Fahrenheit while cooking products and samples. Exposure to potential hazards exists with wet floors, cutting and cooking equipment and procedures.
- Exposure to 30˚ Fahrenheit while handling products in cold cases, 28˚ Fahrenheit in cooler and -20˚ Fahrenheit in freezer.
Working conditions consist of a temperature controlled store environment.
Job responsibilities include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company, Division and Store policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified may vary within each store and from store to store.
Title: Clerk Butcher Block
Requisition ID: 80504