York Risk Services Workers Compensation Claims Program Manager in Orange, California
The Program Manager, Workers Compensation Claims is responsible for managing the performance and production of a dedicated workers’ compensation claims department, to ensure that the goals and standards, as developed by York Risk Management Services, are met, and to establish and foster relationships with internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing the Claims Process: Through the Unit Managers, and in coordination with other departments, the Manager, Workers Compensation Claims will be responsible for planning, directing and maintaining the department’s claims process from the inception of a claim to its resolution and closure. This process will also include delivering exceptional customer service to our clients in partnership with our client services team.
- Oversight of the Department: Job duties will include the process of reviewing and evaluating the performance of the assigned department, including: training, quality assurance, customer service, innovation, staffing and recruiting
- Staffing and Recruitment: In coordination with the Unit Managers, the Manager, Workers Compensation Claims is responsible for the staffing and recruitment of the claims staff for their assigned department.
- Some travel is required.
- Other duties as assigned. Required Skills
- Strong Management Skills.
- Technical and logical claims process knowledge and application.
- Strong Organizational Skills.
- Effective and accurate verbal communication and written skills.
- Ability to multi-task projects.
- TECHNICAL/PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: Keep up with current developments and trends in the insurance industry. Display a strong work ethic demonstrated in attendance, punctuality, maturity and dedication. Maintain a positive attitude.
- ADAPTABILITY: Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment. Adjust effectively to work within new structures, processes, requirements or cultures. Able to change priorities to meet multiple deadlines while being responsive to customer needs.
- COLLABORATION: Cooperate with others. Establish and maintain good working relationships.
- COMMUNICATION: Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- CONTRIBUTING TO TEAM SUCCESS: Actively participate as a leader of the team to move toward the completion of goals.
- CUSTOMER FOCUS: Make internal and external customers, and their needs, a primary focus of one’s actions. Develop and sustain a productive department.
- INITIATING ACTION: Take prompt action to accomplish objectives. Take action to achieve goals beyond what is required. Anticipate consequences of decisions and actions. Communicate recommendations to take preventative steps and initiate further action
- MANAGING WORKFLOW: Manage time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. This includes delegation of work to the team and management of that process until completion and resolution of the task.
- QUALITY ASSURANCE: Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small. Show concern for all aspects of the job. Accurately check processes and assignments, meet demanding deadlines, learn quickly and exhibit organization in work habits.
- FLEXIBILITY: Maintain stable performance under pressure or opposition, such as, time demands or job ambiguity. Handle daily job responsibilities in a way that is acceptable to others and to the organization. Required Experience
- BS / BA or Equivalent Work Experience
- CA Adjuster Designation
- Required three to five (3 - 5) years of workers’ compensation supervisory responsibilities.
- Must meet all local regulatory licensing requirements.
Tracking Code: ORANGE06191701
Job Location: Orange, California, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular