Mercy Health Pharmacist Pharmacy Mercy St. Charles PRN in Oregon, Ohio
Pharmacist Pharmacy Mercy St. Charles PRN
Job ID: 4638436
Updated: October 14, 2016
Geographic Location: Toledo
Location: Oregon, OH, United States
Full/Part Time: PRN
Standard Hours: 0
Supervise technical personnel, interns, and students in assuring completion of departmental tasks. Responsible for assuring that dispensing and pharmaceutical care services are carried out in accordance with all federal, state and local laws. Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on assigned unit.
Qualifications - Minimum
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Education: Minimum: Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacy (preferred Phar.D.) from an accredited college of Pharmacy and must be licensed in the State of Ohio.
2. Experience: Desirable: Must have attained experience in the various aspects of pharmacy practice either as a licensed pharmacist or through an accredited internship or externship program.
3. Knowledge and Abilities:
Working knowledge of the practice of pharmacy, including dispensing activities and pharmaceutical care activities that encompass knowledge of appropriate drug use, drug interactions and incompatibilities, biopharmaceuticals, and pharmacokinetics.
4. Thorough knowledge of the federal, state and local laws as they pertain to the practice of pharmacy.
5. Must be exceptionally well versed in communication skills and capable of working effectively with department personnel, medical staff, nursing staff, and other hospital personnel.
6. Registration, Certification or Licensure Requirement:
Mandatory: Licensure as a Registered Pharmacist in the state of Ohio
Desirable: Board Certification in Pharmacotherapy
7. General/Specific Orientation:
Orientation to provide understanding of existing hospital and departmental policies and procedures, as well as specific orientation to Nursing units, staff, policies and procedures. Also, orientation to the core values of the Mercy Health Partners.
Hours per pay period: 0
Weekends and holidays variable shifts.
Shift and Job Schedule
Shift: Varies, Job Schedule: Contingent
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws, as well as, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.