HCA, Hospital Corporation of America RN Infection Control Coordinator in Oviedo, Florida
Infection Control Nurse (RN)
POSITION SUMMARY: Coordinates the hospital’s Infection Control program in compliance with the established policies, procedures and standards of care. Provides surveillance and education relative to the prevention, detection, identification and control of infectious/communicable diseases within the hospital. Responds to agency inquiries and reports infection control information per regulations and policy. You are expected to smile! Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Acknowledges patients appropriately. Introduces self and others. Explains purpose of visit/care and communicates anticipated duration to enhance patient experience. Uses key words at key times.
- Demonstrates patient connection utilizing "sit, touch and talk" as appropriate.
- Fosters positive first impression by ensuring all work areas are organized, clean and project a professional appearance.
- Promotes a professional image and acts as an ambassador inside and outside the organization. Takes ownership and demonstrates service excellence principles in all interactions with the patient, physician and others. Ensures patient's safety, dignity and privacy at all times.
- Promptly responds to patient needs and call lights.
- Supports physicians' need to operate in multiple work environments; proactively provides assistance within scope of practice in ensuring physician can easily access and utilize services.
- Accurately scans and records equipment and supplies to ensure appropriate charges and inventory control.
- Actively participates in improving operational efficiency, effectiveness and achievement of established goals/performance metrics (i.e., wait times, turnaround times etc.
- Optimizes use of supplies, equipment and services, ensuring a high level of clinical care at the lowest cost. Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care, or the services delivered.
- Functions as a resource person for staff members and provides education as necessary.
- Willingly shares knowledge/expertise and assists co-workers. Fosters teamwork and contributes to achievement of team goals. Acts as a resource for co-worker's as appropriate.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adherence to the Code of Conduct. Personal/professional conduct reflects the Company’s values and a commitment to the Code of Conduct.
- Assumes personal responsibility for professional development. Actively seeks opportunity for development and shares learning with others.
Attends and participates in staff meetings, patient conferences and in-service presentations as appropriate. Completes annual competency training, including but not limited to, infection control, patient safety, quality improvement, MSDS, and OSHA standards (PPE, First Aid and Blood-borne Pathogens, Hazard Communications, Emergency Procedures and Job Safety).
EDUCATION: BSN Required.
EXPERIENCE : Minimum 5 years' experience in an acute care setting with a minimum of one year of experience in an infection control or prevention role.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS: Current Florida State Registered Nurse license or ARNP; Current BLS (Basic Life Support); Current ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support)
SKILLS: Organizational, Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, Proficiency with Microsoft word and excel.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus.
Title: RN Infection Control Coordinator
Location: Florida-Oviedo-Oviedo Medical Center
Requisition ID: 26750-200