HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) ICU, Full-time Nights in Palatka, Florida
Putnam Community Medical Center, a 99-bed, acute care facility, located at 611 Zeagler Drive, in Palatka, provides the latest technology with the assurance of highly trained, caring professionals to the residents of Putnam County. The hospital serves North Central Florida with a full complement of quality healthcare services while maintaining cost-effectiveness. The hospital provides individualized care directed to the specific needs of each patient. Putnam Community Medical Center offers a 10-bed Intensive/Critical Care Unit, Step-Down Care Unit, Cardiac Cath Lab, medical and surgical units, family birthplace center, and a 24-hour emergency department. We also provide inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services.
* Support PCMC’s hallmarks of service excellence, patients advocacy, and quality for all job responsibilities
* In accordance with established regulations, policies, and procedures, Registered Nurses (RNs) provide and coordinate patient care through the plan of care, and goal achievement by the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the patients’ status. The RN also educates patients and the public about various health conditions, and provides emotional support to patients and their family members, collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members. RN’s are to abide by and practice in accordance with the standards of care set forth by state board of nursing, nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
* Consistently deliver the best in customer service and patient care. As a team member, demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with patients, families, visitors and other employees
* Champion PCMC’s mission, vision and values; comply with the policies and procedures, ethical standards and code of conduct set forth by the company
* Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
* Identifies and monitors patient care requirements by recording and reporting symptoms and changes in patients' conditions. Record patients' medical information and vital signs. Administers medications as ordered.
* Modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patients' responses, conditions and physician orders.
* Consult and coordinate with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
* Review, interpret, and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's condition.
* Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions through the collaboration with an inter-disciplinary team of health care providers.
* Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing division's philosophies and Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
* Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
* Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
* Ensures operation of equipment following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
* Delegate and supervise personnel
* Prepare patients for, and assist with, examinations and treatments.
* Coordinate admissions and discharge planning.
* Instruct individuals, families and other groups on topics such as health education, disease prevention, childbirth, and develop health improvement programs.
* Direct and coordinate infection control programs, advising and consulting with specified personnel about necessary precautions.
* Provide or arrange for training/instruction of auxiliary personnel or students.
* Engage in research activities related to nursing.
SCOPE * Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies, and maintaining appropriate national certifications. * Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods. * Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. * Establishes personal rapport with patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements * Must successfully complete orientation and competency validation for position.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Education: Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
Experience: New graduates are accepted in some positions; other positions require various amounts of experience.
Cath Lab - Mandatory 500 hours interventional cardiology experience in a Level II facility (facility with Cardiovascular Surgery on-site).
*Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration: *Current BLS certification, some RN positions require current PALS and/or ACLS certification.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Can demonstrate effective verbal and written communications skills including listening and team work ability. Is computer literate and has the ability to maintain accurate and detailed reports and records.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus.
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) ICU, Full-time Nights
Location: Florida-Palatka-Putnam Community Medical Center
Requisition ID: 26760-539