SAP Executive Assistant (SAP Ariba) Job in Palo Alto, California
Requisition ID: 123409
Work Area: Administration
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The SAP Data Business is an Executive Board-initiated startup unit with the vision of creating the world’s most trusted and most relevant end-to-end platform for actionable enterprise data services. We combine data engineering excellence with thought leadership and entrepreneurial spirit. We are looking to strengthen our core startup team with the expertise in Data Science & cutting edge Data Technology that is needed to execute on the unit’s vision.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
Being the assistant to the unit’s president you fully understand the unit’s mission, top priorities and key stakeholders. Based on your excellent inter personal skills you embrace the president’s work style and enable her to be successful. With your excellent business conduct and your professionalism you shape the perception of the president and the entire unit. You embrace the principles of agility and customer centricity in a corporate context.
You are responsible for the operation of daily office functions and duties, including the following:
• Provide liaison between the Head of Data Business and the key executives, employees and external Business Partners
• Managing diary/calendar and e-mails for the manager to optimize the manager’s productivity
• Managing internal and external correspondence and responding independently based on agreed patterns
• Travel planning and coordination including booking, guidance to the manager, coordination of activities during travel and adjustments in accordance with business meetings
• Being proactive and able to identify and solve problems with limited guidance
• Handle ad-hoc tasks and specific topics
• Manage complex (activity/expense) reports, projects, documentation and correspondence which may also require collecting, organizing, and analyzing data
• Support in communication within the team and across the units
• Prepare topic content for speeches, presentations, informative documentation, etc.
• Organize and support meetings, conference calls, video conference and telepresence including minutes preparation and action item tracking
• Manage shared drives and communities
• Managing Workflows and monitoring items like vacation requests, purchase orders, internal orders,
distribution lists, Inventory etc.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCI ES
• High ambition, drive for execution and focus on details and results
• High level of flexibility, integrity and confidentiality
• Ability to multi-task, manage own work proactively and meet challenging deadlines with little guidance
• Ability to develop collaborative work relationships within own team , cross-functional and key stakeholders
• Community Building & Best Practice Sharing between different offices
• Ability to take decisions based on business priorities and defined working model
• Show passion on the job: act as a role model for the team, show authentic behavior, pride and enthusiasm in the own job
• Strong communication and relationship building skills with a strong intercultural sensitivity.
• Strong command of English language
• Proficiency with MS Office tools and SAP internal tools
• Mature and proactive with a high sense of responsibility and reliability.
• Experience working with colleagues on all levels of the organization including senior management and from various locations
• Existing working relationship with SAP Board offices
• Proven track record of building strong relationships and establishing credibility with key SAP stakeholders across different lines of business and hierarchies.
• Experience with SAP internal Tools like Corporate Portal, ISP, CSN
At least 5 years administrative and business support experience in fast-paced environment
Travel is required (<30%)
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: firstname.lastname@example.org ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Additional Locations: No Selection