AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF NURSE ANESTHETISTS Application Development Architect in Park Ridge, Illinois
AANA Mission: AANA advances patient safety, practice excellence, and its members’ profession.
AANA Vision: AANA will be a preeminent professional association for healthcare and patient safety
AANA Core Values: Patient safety, care for the whole patient from a nursing perspective, professional excellence and well-being, healthcare policy collaboration, integrity and quality in all professional and clinical settings.
AANA Motto: Safe and Effective Anesthesia Care
Seeking a strong communicator to join the Application Development team at the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists in this newly created Application Development Architect role. The selected individual will be responsible for providing technical guidance for the design, development, testing, and support of the AANA enterprise cross-functional, multi-platform software applications. Working closely with the Director of Enterprise Applications, this position will develop and implement technical strategic priorities and design, development, and test corrective fixes/enhancements in support of business operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with the Director of Enterprise Application and Application Development team to design and develop new applications, systems software, and enhancements to existing programming code base.
- Analyze and solve complex business and workflow issues with solid scalable, technical solutions.
- Work independently on projects. Create and scope technical design, organize and execute efforts with other team members, and communicate results to management.
- Direct interaction with the business units to understand their requirements; work with development team to evaluate, validate and help implement technology solutions to solve business requirements.
- Provide new product ideas/innovations and recommendations on new and emerging technologies and process improvements.
- Create and maintain technical documentation for services and applications released.
- Design and address broad architecture of future products and technologies. Provide strategic direction in evaluating new technologies. Identify and communicate product deficiencies and guide the division in the chosen technical direction.
- Ensure cross-functional and technical compatibility of features and functions of enterprise programming code base.
The candidate must have at least 5 years’ experience in software architecture, including both hands on experience and as a lead technical architect. Must have experience with full development life cycle, including requirements gathering, design, testing and documentation.
A deep understanding of programming languages and knowledge of Web technologies essential, including .NET, IIS, unit testing, TFS and/or GIT, ASP.NET/MVC, SQL Server and Reporting Services, Object Oriented design principals, C#, HTML, JSON, REST, SOAP and XML/XSL.
Experience with Web technologies (SharePoint, Sitefinity, PHP, and CSS) preferred. Must be able to perform complex applications programming, and have experience with providing architecture guidance to an organization.
Education and/or Experience
- BS Degree in computer science or technical related field and a minimum of 5 years of relevant IT experience
Keyword: Application development architect, software engineer, Application Developer,
From: AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF NURSE ANESTHETISTS