Allergan Corporate Communications Manager in Parsippany, New Jersey
Corporate Communications Manager
Parsippany, New Jersey, United States at http://agn.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/78/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Jun 29, 2016Post Date
MANAGER, CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS
Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model – Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceuticals and biologic products for patients around the world. Allergan markets a portfolio of best-in-class products that provide novel treatments for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology, anti-infective and cardiovascular therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives. Our success is powered by our world-class team’s commitment to being Bold for Life. Together, we build bridges, power ideas, act fast and drive results for our customers and patients around the world by always doing what it is right.
Join one of the world’s fastest growing pharmaceutical companies!
At Allergan you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced, strategic environment where bold, innovative thinking isn’t just welcomed, it’s encouraged. Across all functions, we relish the opportunity to help our people fulfill their potential. Our rapid growth strategy means plenty of opportunities to step into the spotlight.
The Manager, Internal Corporate Communications is key individual contributor role in the Corporate Affairs team reporting to the Executive Director, Internal Corporate Communications. The Managers role is to develop communications across the organization with key customers and a specialized focus to support the U.S. commercial and R&D organizations to achieve near and long term commercial objectives.
The Manager is focused on designing and developing:
· internal communications and editorial calendar management,
· communication plans for internal campaigns and feature story generation,
· support for executives,
· Internal and external initiatives including facilitating internal feedback with stakeholders.
Essential Job Functions: This is not intended as a comprehensive list; it is intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed, and may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
· Carry out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures, and state, federal and local laws.
· Deploy internal communication programs, with a priority on U.S. commercial and R&D businesses,
· Develop communications to colleagues, writing and seeking appropriate approval for internal communications, managing brand communication editorial calendar, translation of corporate materials into appropriate languages, orchestrating printing and distribution of hard copy materials to all global colleagues.
· Internal campaign planning and feature story generation including developing communication plans for internal campaigns, development and publication of internal newsletters, posting information to corporate intranet, networking with commercial business leaders to develop communications targeted at their internal audiences, and working collaboratively with others in the Corporate Affairs team to develop employee communications and social media posts to accompany important company news including product launches and milestones.
· Prepare communications for executives that engage colleagues and build support within the community and work on internal corporate Initiatives such as acquisitions and integrations while helping build buy-in to the company culture.
· Support the organization’s response to internal and external issues by developing targeted messages and tools (proactive and reactive) to various audiences. Helps develop strategies for solving communications issues; helps management understand the opinions of particular audiences.
· Build a network with internal business customers, in support of consistent communications messages regardless of sponsoring department.
· Coordinate with the R&D and Product Communications group within Corporate Affairs to make sure all communications are aligned.
· Respond to management requests that fall outside of routine communication programs and/or requirements. This includes executive speech development, PowerPoint presentation creating, civic event participation and company coordination to same, etc.
· Ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations.
· Perform related duties as assigned.
Knowledge required of:
· Various communications tools and methods
· Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and other regulatory requirements
· Pharmaceutical branded product lifecycles
· Business and personal computer hardware and software applications
· Business English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation
· Current Company policies, practices and procedures
Skills required in:
· Clearly and concise, communication both orally and in writing
· Working autonomously and exercising good judgment
· Confidently presenting information to a diverse audience
· Responding to inquiries from management, employees and vendors
· Supervising, coordinating and delegating assignments, and reviewing the work of vendors and free lancers
· Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships
· Maintaining confidentiality of data
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree with Preferred education in Communication, Journalism, Mass Communications, Public Relations or related field, from an accredited college or university, and five (5) to seven (7) years communications experience, preferably in a corporate or consultative environment ; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.