Allergan Paralegal in Parsippany, New Jersey
Parsippany, New Jersey, United States at http://agn.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/422/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Sep 02, 2016Post Date
Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model – Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceuticals and biologic products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of best-in-class products that provide novel treatments for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology, anti-infective and cardiovascular therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives.
Our success is powered by our world-class team’s commitment to being Bold for Life. Together, we build bridges, power ideas, act fast and drive results for our customers and patients around the world by always doing what it is right.
Join one of the world’s fastest growing pharmaceutical companies!
At Allergan you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced, strategic environment where bold, innovative thinking isn’t just welcomed, it’s encouraged. Across all functions, we relish the opportunity to help our people fulfill their potential. Our rapid growth strategy means plenty of opportunities to step into the spotlight.
Under general supervision of attorneys in the Tax Department, this paralegal position will compile information and prepare documents to assist the attorneys and perform related duties as assigned.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
· Assist with corporate governance with respect to key legal entities within the overall corporate structure.
· PrepareminutesofmeetingsoftheBoardofDirectorsandtheCommitteesanddrafts unanimous written consents for approvalby the Boardor Committee members.
· Maintains corporate minutebooks and corporate transaction binders.
· Assist with arranging functional leadership presentations at or for the Board of Directors.
· Communicate with outside counsel in various non-US jurisdictions.
· Assist in the review and approval of outside counsel invoices.
· Performrelated dutiesasassigned.
· Some travel to attend board meetings may be required.
· Minimumofthree (3)yearsprogressivelyresponsiblecorporatelegalofficeexperiencein the research,reviewandpreparation oflegaldocuments;oran equivalentcombinationofeducation and experience.
· communication and interpersonal skills;
· strong analytical and organizational skills and must be able to pay attention to details and toanticipate problems;
· ability to exercise good judgment and work independentlyor seek assistance when necessary;
· ability to learn and adapt to a fast-paced environment and growing demands;
· experience conducting legal and factual research; and
· familiarity with litigation-related and other software products used to support the operation of the legal department.
· Experience working in pharmaceutical industry is a plus.
· Possession ofanAssociate’sdegreeinparalegalstudies,Bachelor’s Degree preferred and Paralegal Certificate required.