Amtrak Business Analyst - 90206942 - Philadelphia in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Reporting to the Project Manager III, the Business Analyst is responsible for providing project management review for System Track capital projects. Working with the Project Managers - develops, implements, monitors and evaluates controls for the capital projects. Supports the Project Managers and Functional Managers with project documentation, budgeting, forecasting and tracking.
• Analyzes and reports on System Track capital projects that support the Amtrak Strategic Plan.
• Analyzes monthly forecasts versus expenditures variances.
• Provides Project Managers and Functional Managers objective data based information for decision making on System Track capital projects.
• Monitors and validates project expenditures.
• Assists the Project Managers with the development and maintenance of the Project Management Plans.
• Ensures all project changes are properly documented.
• Some experience developing and implementing project controls.
• Some experience and knowledge of project management principles and processes.
• Ability to work with Subject Matter Experts.
• Some experience and knowledge in budgeting and forecasting.
•Some experience and knowledge using analytical tools and techniques to evaluate projects’ performance.
• BS degree in engineering or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
• Experience utilizing performance measurements on small to medium programs and projects.
• Experience with analytical and evaluative techniques.
• Experience maintaining project files and documents.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated skills using Microsoft Office Suite sufficient to prepare effective business analyses and presentations.
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Experience in railroad operations and transportation project management.
• Experience with project scheduling software (Primavera or MS Project).
• Experience working in Web Wee.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES : No
Requisition ID: 24742
Posting Location(s): Pennsylvania
Personnel Area: PA08
Job Family/Function: Engineering
Relocation Offered: No
Education Requirements: Bachelors Degree
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Employment Experience Requirements: 1 - 3 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
POSTING NOTES: Engineering || Engineering