Amtrak Lead Contract Administrator - 90035793 - Philadelphia in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES :
This position is accountable for cost-effective sourcing and contracting for assignments of a complex nature requiring substantial purchasing experience in the Services Group. Responsible for managing both national and regional high-dollar contracts and supplier relationships; developing and implementing strategies with internal customers for services required; performing supplier capability assessments; negotiations, award and administration of contracts in the Enterprise Services Group. Must be able to negotiate contract terms and conditions and understand comprehensive scopes of work.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
• Provides purchasing services for Amtrak business units, including solicitation, negotiation of contract pricing, contractual terms and conditions of purchase, and development of sources of supply.
• Procurement Services group buyers interact with and support all departments across the Amtrak enterprise; guides and implements process improvements and services expertise and provides for the best pricing, delivery, etc in the best interests of Amtrak.
• Serves as a vital interface to business units and management as a recognized source of expertise for the sourcing function and responsible for leading and managing procurement projects assigned.
• Oversees all activities related to the management of business units’ requirements, from intent to purchase through delivery of services required and subsequent contract administration.
• Provides efficiency in the purchasing process with execution at the best value for Amtrak while ensuring overall customer satisfaction.
• Recruits, maintains, and manages suppliers with focus on total systems cost improvements while maintaining the highest code of ethics and conduct.
• Negotiates complex contracts involving variable costs and non-standard Terms and Conditions; interacts with customers both internal and external to provide a high level of service.
• Prepares and administers contracts that are financially and legally sound to ensure enforcement of contractual requirements and Amtrak’s policies and procedures in concert with Federal Procurement Regulations and/or the Uniform Commercial Code whichever is applicable.
• Aggregates business units’ needs into annualized contracts via analysis of markets and in-house competition. Also develops standardized contract specifications.
• Assists business units in finalizing Statements of Work as necessary, and manages Requests For Proposals for procurements.
• Aggressively sources an adequate number of suppliers to achieve compliance with the free and open competition provision of Amtrak’s grant agreements with the Federal Government.
• Provides effective customer service for all internal customers by using excellent communication skills, in-depth understanding of department initiatives as well as communicating effectively with internal team members.
WORK EXPERIENCE :
• Must possess a thorough knowledge of commodity pricing, market trends, product availability, quality standards, sources of supply (including minority firms), negotiation techniques, value analysis and other cost savings methods.
• Senior level experience in purchasing or materials planning or related fields.
• Proven track record of improving business processes and delivering measurable results.
• Effectively works under a matrix management structure.
• Ability to analyze strategic options and their direct potentials and indirect impact on the organization.
• Must be able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of the company, and suppliers, and lead cross-functional teams.
• Satisfactory prior job performance
• Strong oral and written skills sufficient to prepare, negotiate and review contracts, bids, proposals and vendor agreements for legal terms/conditions and acceptability of items to specifications.
• Must be hard working and self-starter with initiative, good analytical skills and common sense to problem solving.
• Must demonstrate ability to learn new tasks, both complex and simple, in order to maintain effectiveness in position.
• Must be detailed oriented and disciplined to ensure project completion and effective follow-through.
• Must possess the ability to work effectively and efficiently within the integrated Ariba/ACE procurement system.
• Works in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities.
• Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or other supply chain/purchasing certifications.
• High level of experience in Service procurements, and negotiations of SLAs, Terms and Conditions, and total cost of ownership.
• Extensive market expertise (IT, HR, Marketing, Consulting and Professional Services) and extensive supplier management skills.
• Extensive project management experience.
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS :
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES : No
Requisition ID: 25061
Posting Location(s): Pennsylvania
Personnel Area: PA08
Job Family/Function: Supply Chain & Logistics
Relocation Offered: No
Education Requirements: Bachelors Degree
Travel Requirements: None
Employment Experience Requirements: 3 - 5 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
POSTING NOTES: Supply Chain & Logistics || Procurement