Amtrak Project Manager I - 90206941 - Philadelphia in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Reporting to the Project Manager III, Track, the person in this position will have responsibility for the execution of assigned capital projects for one or more track assets. Provides project management experience to projects across multiple Engineering Divisions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
• Plans, directs, analyzes and reports on one or more track assets (ties, ballast, rail, etc.) for System Track capital projects that support the Amtrak Strategic Plan.
• Interfaces with the Amtrak forces and/or Contractor(s) responsible for implementation of the project scope.
• Accomplish project objectives by planning and evaluating project activities.
• Leads, defines and achieves engineering, safety and work standards and associated procedures to ensure that track assets meet business needs and satisfy FRA regulations.
• Works within System Track to define business needs for responsible track assets and translates those needs into requirements.
• Leads the conceptual design of assets, ensuring the delivery of best practice and continuous improvements.
WORK EXPERIENCE :
• Ability to work with Subject Matter Experts.
• Must have the ability to coordinate efforts with other technical disciplines and have knowledge of scheduling, budgeting, and estimating.
• Demonstrated Project Management experience.
• Possess strategic and tactical organizing and planning skills required for planning and executing complex project work.
• Strong leadership required, encompassing effective communication, motivation, and team building/team performance skills.
• Strong Safety Focus.
• Demonstrated experience in using PC-based word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) sufficient to prepare effective business analyses and presentations.
• Excellent writtern and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively with multiple team members.
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE :
• Demonstrated hands on experience in Track construction, maintenance and operations methods and procedures.
• Thorough knowledge of railroad operations.
• Knowledge of BMWE labor agreements, FRA Regulations, MW1000 and NORAC.
• Certified or have the ability to acquire the PMP Certification.
• Qualified or have the ability to get qualified in MW1000, NORAC, RWP and AMT II.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS :
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES : No
Requisition ID: 24741
Posting Location(s): Pennsylvania
Personnel Area: PA08
Job Family/Function: Engineering
Relocation Offered: No
Education Requirements: Bachelors Degree
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Employment Experience Requirements: 5 - 7 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
POSTING NOTES: Engineering || Engineering