Amtrak Senior Administrative Assistant - 90207387 - Philadelphia in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
his individual is responsible for the administrative functions necessary to support the daily operations of Amtrak’s Medical Services Department. He or she will work closely with internal stakeholder groups such as Health & Disability Management, Occupational Testing and Benefits Operations as well as external third party occupational health clinics and physicians to ensure process inquiries are addressed and substantive health-related inquiries are escalated as appropriate.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
• Provide administrative support and assistance to the medical team, including chart retrieval, simple data entry and mail duties.
• Respond to incoming calls and mail
• Manage multiple electronic mailboxes
• Manage filing system and storage of medical records in compliance with department regulations
• Communicate with occupational health clinics regarding missing documentation
WORK EXPERIENCE :
• Office experience
• Demonstrated computer skills
• Intermediate experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Customer service background
• Self-starter with the ability to effectively manage work.
• Must be discreet and able to handle sensitive, protected health and other personal information.
• Problem solver, able to multi-task, self-motivated, able to adjust and shift focus and to handle short deadlines.
• Able to deal with difficult situations.
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE :
• Knowledge and understanding of HR processes
• Experience working with Preferably SAP, E-trax
• Experience in healthcare environment or human resources office
• Knowledge of the ADA, FMLA and HIPAA
• Experience with OSHA and / or FRA regulatory requirements
• Knowledge of medical terminology
PREFERRED EDUCATION :
Bachelor’s Degree in a related health field
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS :
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES : No
Requisition ID: 25181
Posting Location(s): Pennsylvania
Personnel Area: PA08
Job Family/Function: Human Capital
Relocation Offered: No
Education Requirements: High School/GED
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Employment Experience Requirements: 1 - 3 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
POSTING NOTES: Human Capital || Corporate