CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP Associate - January 2017 in Phoenix, Arizona
We are seeking Tax Associates for our Phoenix, AZ office to start in January 2017. As an Associate, you will provide audit and tax services to clients, with a primary focus on developing expertise within our Public Sector Group. You will utilize your accounting educational background and internship experience to assist in all stages of an engagement or project; most commonly review engagements, procedures engagements, or basic tax issues, providing support and leverage to seniors and others.
- Performs the detail work of audits, reviews, some compilations, and other assurance service for clients.
- Collects and analyzes data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
- Supports multiple client engagements on time and within budget, identifying issues and communicating progress and audit results to supervisors.
- Prepares and reviews tax returns with the tax team.
- Handles routine client tax questions and works with client to collect necessary information for tax return completion and compliance.
- Completes tax related research and special projects as needed.
- Gains experience, exposure, and knowledge in one or more industries.
- Expands industry knowledge through greater exposure to peers, internal experts, clients, regular self-study, and formal training opportunities.
- Passion for doing impactful work, accountability for actions, initiative make visions a reality, integrity that places honesty and trust above all else, professionalism, and conscientiousness.
- General knowledge of accounting principles and/or regulations impacting each engagement or project, financial markets, analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Experience with Pfx Fixed Assets, GoFileRoom, Pfx Engagement, Pfx Tax, preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft (MS) Windows and Office products.
- Previous accounting internship preferred.
- Reliable transportation and ability to travel to client sites.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Working to obtain CPA designation. Eligible to sit for the exam.
ABOUT THE FIRM: CliftonLarsonAllen (CLA) is a professional services firm delivering integrated wealth advisory, outsourcing, and public accounting capabilities to help enhance our clients’ enterprise value and assist them in growing and managing their related personal assets — all the way from startup to succession and beyond. Our professionals are immersed in the industries they serve and have specialized knowledge of their operating and regulatory environments. With nearly 4,400 people, 100 U.S. locations, and a global affiliation, we bring a wide array of solutions to help clients in all markets, foreign and domestic. For more information visit CLAconnect.com. Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.
CLA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 16-0929
Title: Associate - January 2017