Allergan Medical Science Liaison, Facial Aesthetics - Southwest in Phoenix, Arizona
Medical Science Liaison, Facial Aesthetics - Southwest
Phoenix, Arizona, United States at http://agn.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/254/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Oct 11, 2016Post Date
Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model – Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceuticals and biologic products for patients around the world. Allergan markets a portfolio of best-in-class products that provide novel treatments for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology, anti-infective and cardiovascular therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives. Our success is powered by our world-class team’s commitment to being Bold for Life. Together, we build bridges, power ideas, act fast and drive results for our customers and patients around the world by always doing what it is right.
Join one of the world’s fastest growing pharmaceutical companies!
At Allergan you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced, strategic environment where bold, innovative thinking isn’t just welcomed, it’s encouraged. Across all functions, we relish the opportunity to help our people fulfill their potential. Our rapid growth strategy means plenty of opportunities to step into the spotlight.
Location: Southwest U.S. - Arizona, Nevada, southern Utah, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, south San Diego
This position is responsible for the following: identify, develop and maintain professional relationships with thought leaders, academic centers and researchers in assigned areas of therapeutic interest to ensure access to current medical and scientific information on all Allergan products related to Facial Aesthetics.
Support research initiatives as requested by Allergan R&D, Clinical Operations, Medical Affairs Departments, and physician initiated projects. Serve as internal medical and scientific resource to assigned Allergan therapeutic areas with respect to planning for and developing communications and other materials on product information. Consistent with regulatory guidelines, ensure medical accuracy and balance of information to be disseminated. The Medical Science Liaison will present scientific information on Allergan’s Facial Aesthetics products to physicians, researchers and other health care professionals. Provide approved scientific information to clients to ensure access to current medical and scientific information necessary. The Medical Science Liaison may serve as the scientific advisor to Allergan in the evaluation of new products and technologies under consideration for portfolio enhancement/expansion. He/she will support Round Table and Advisory Board sessions to ensure accuracy of and clinician access to up-to-date scientific and clinical data; Conduct on-going training to medical affairs, field sales and other internal personnel as directed; Ensure up-to-date knowledge of product use and competitor data. The Medical Science Liaison will also serve as a local medical and scientific resource to Allergan product planning for communication of product information.
Provide support for payer-facing activities, if needed, to public and commercial managed markets. These activities may include delivering clinical and pharmacy presentations, presentation development and review with Payer MSL team colleagues, providing scientific support for medical policy initiatives, training, and product differentiation.
• Minimum 3 year total specific industry experience (pharmaceutical or device) and minimum 4 years post professional degree practice or relevant transferable experience (clinical practice, academic research and/or regulatory/scientific)
• Experience in Aesthetic or Medical Dermatology, Plastic surgery, disciplines preferred.
• Knowledge of applicable pharmaceutical industry legal and regulatory guidelines
• Strong presentation, teaching, interpersonal, organizational, leadership and planning skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to learn and convey clinical and non-clinical technical information effectively
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to lead and influence key decision makers
• Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships
• Ability to travel 50-60%
• Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 35 pounds
• Proficiency in Windows 95/97, Excel, Word, Power Point and other software
• Pharm.D, M.D., Ph.D, or other recognized doctorate level education with supporting applicable health science background