Convergys Operatons Manager in Phoenix, Arizona
The Mgr Operations is responsible for coaching and supervising a group of Team Leaders. This position is also responsible for ensuring Client Service Level Agreement and financial expectations are achieved.
Essential Functions/Core Responsibilities
• Analyze and maintain all Client Service Level Agreements; implement improvement plans as needed
• Maximize revenue generation to reach long and short term financial projects (i.e. data collection for billable/non-billable hours, forecasting, budgeting, etc.)
• Selecting, training, developing, and managing performance of direct reports and their associates; including planning and assigning work for staff in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable legal requirements
• Manage and review operational reports (Attendance adherence, PFP, Client scorecard, Metrics management reports)
• Create and maximize relationships with client partners
• Provide leadership and guidance to direct reports to ensure consistent administration of company policies and standards; define and implement any corrective actions needed to meet operational performance
• Conduct regular one-on-ones with direct reports to review individual performance, the performance of their team and offer on-going developmental coaching
• Create a positive work environment through employee engagement; resolve employee relation issues in a professional and timely manner
• Participate in cross functional meetings to review information received from operational support functions - Training, HR, Quality, WFM, TA.- and partner to define action plans that resolve issues and drive continuous improvement
• Implement best practices and over-deliver for clients, drive consistent performance, evaluate staffing needs, with input from BD and Client and make adjustments to meet changing requirements
• Attend business reviews with the client
• Handle a team of team leaders
• Associate's Degree in related field with more than seven years of experience (with at least two years of Progressive Management Experience) preferred
• Call center experience preferred
• Demonstrated ability to coach and develop action plans, which maximize performance, and provide effective feedback
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and improve work processes; establish a course of action for self and others to accomplish a specific goal
• Work well under pressure and follow through on items to completion while maintaining professional demeanor
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to effectively present information to internal and external associates
• Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize projects in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented business environment
• Demonstrated ability to mentor, coach and provide direction to a team of employees
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule
Career Framework Role
Manages professional employees and/or supervisors or supervises large, complex technical or business support or production operations team(s). Is accountable for the performance and results of a team within own discipline or function. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Adapts departmental plans and priorities to resolve operational challenges. Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance from senior manager and/or director. Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers. Has accountability for results in terms of costs, strategies and employees.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel working within this job title.
USA, Phoenix, AZ- South Mountain
Who We Are
At Convergys, our mission is to set the standard in our industry through unparalleled care for our clients, customers & people.
For our clients, this means our 125,000 team members wake up every day united by a common goal: helping our clients maintain exceptional relationships with their customers.
For our people, this means a commitment to each other to accomplish great things, build careers, and have some fun along the way!
Build Your Career With Convergys
When you become part of our team, you join 125,000 talented people around the world who represent some of today’s leading brands. At Convergys, one of our values is to "Grow As a Team." It's in our DNA to prioritize teamwork and develop our people. By working together, we achieve great things for clients and create opportunities to build rewarding careers. You can be part of that when you join our team. And it's all at your fingertips!
Watch the video below to hear from some of our employees around the world as they talk about what it means to be part of the Convergys team.
Convergys has careers available in 31 countries at 150+ locations.
Establish your career with a company that has locations across the world. You can grow personally and professionally - and make a difference for customers and for the communities where we live and work.