PNC Data Expert in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100453 Data Expert
Manages data assets that are in compliance with data governance standards, policies and processes. Develops strategies for data implementation, data acquisition, and archive recovery.
Helps advise business, applications and operations counterparts to ensure data integrity and availability.
Structures the environment and creates logical storage units especially for size and physical locations, to map database elements into logical units.
Develops strategies and processes for data implementation, data acquisition, execution, reporting and archive recovery.
Resolves data integration and security issues for adherence to the organization's quality standards.
PA - Pittsburgh
Line of Business:
PAA46 - Three PNC Plaza
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
OH - Cleveland, PA - Pittsburgh
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Data Mining - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of tools, techniques and practices in data mining technologies used to acquire essential business information.
IT Standards, Procedures & Policies - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.
Modeling: Data, Process, Events, Objects - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to use tools and techniques for analyzing and documenting logical relationships among data, processes or events.
Data Administration - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to manage an organization's architectures, data resources, polices, practices and procedures to appropriately and effectively address business and stakeholder's needs.
Data Governance - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of and the ability to develop and maintain an organization's data in order to meet business requirements.
IT Audit and Control - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to use tools, controls, techniques, established principals and standards to ascertain the quality, effectiveness, security and accuracy of information systems.
Business Intelligence - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize business processes and technologies for gathering, storing, analyzing, and providing access to data that helps the organization make better business decisions.
Root Cause Analysis (RCA) - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to use a structured approach to identify the cause of undesirable consequences in a manufacturing environment and the changes needed to prevent a recurrence.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
As part of the PNC’s Enterprise Data Management organization, you will be a member of the Enterprise Applications team whose mission is to bridge the gap between Business and Technology to facilitate the alignment, completeness and coverage of release management, requirements management, change management, access management, production services, and controls for the applications we are the business owners for as well as the capabilities and services we provide to the enterprise. The Data Expert candidate will partner with a diverse group of business and technology stakeholders to solve complex organizational and business information problems by participating in the definition of business and functional requirements, evaluating alternatives and recommending solutions, facilitating solution design through implementation, testing/validation, and defining critical system controls and protocols.
Supports the Teradata Platform, Enterprise Data Warehouse, Power 1, and the Wholesale Bank Data Warehouse
• Solid interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to collaborate well across teams / organizations
• Strong business analysis and data analysis capabilities
• Experience with writing business and technical documents/requirements
• Supports LOBs and Technology teams in translating business needs, processes and/or procedures by partnering with applicable experts and business stakeholders to determine and articulate needs.
• Drives out identifying the business requirements needed for enterprise consumption; leads enterprise requirements and consumption initiatives
• Provides support with defining, prioritizing, planning and forecasting scope of scheduled releases with technical teams
• Supports data validation efforts for release scope testing, production validation, and OBIEE reports
• Assists with the Enterprise Information operating group meetings with meeting material preparation, publishing meeting minutes, and facilitation