BNY Mellon Oracle Database Administrator - DBA in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
_Oracle Database Administrator_
- Pittsburgh, PA*
- Job Description*
BNY Mellon/Eagle Investment Systems is currently seeking a Junior to mid -level Oracle DBA in our Pittsburgh, PA office to join our growing team. S/he will work closely with Eagle’s engineering and client services teams to troubleshoot issues and optimize efficiency. The individual will support Oracle environments across Eagle’s global infrastructure, including our secure private cloud, internal corporate systems, and R&D/engineering. _This position will work a rotating shift, including nights and weekends_.
- Responsibilities & Qualifications:*
· 2+ years of DBA Experience.
· Proficiency in Oracle versions 10g, 11g and 12c and Oracle Cloud Control. Oracle certification and is a plus.
· Strong understanding of Oracle relational databases, data structures, and SQL.
· Oracle ASM experience preferred.
· Experience with high availability, standby, backup and recovery.
· Scripting Experience (Shell, Perl, etc.).
· Proficient with Backup and Recovery (RMAN, Dataguard).
· Experience with Database Monitoring tools.
· Experience within a production environment.
· Experience working in a Unix/Linux environment.
· Proven ability to prioritize, plan and organize projects built on Oracle platforms.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to provide off- hour support when required.
· Excellent communication skills.
- About Eagle*
Eagle Investment Systems is a global provider of financial services technology and a subsidiary of BNY Mellon. Founded in 1989 and based in Wellesley, Massachusetts, Eagle has 13 offices internationally, including offices in Beijing, Dubai, London, Montreal, New York, Pune, San Francisco, Singapore and Toronto. Eagle provides portfolio management, data management, and investment accounting and performance measurement software solutions to financial institutions globally.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
6-8 years of experience in design and administration of logical and relational databases or systems analysis required.
Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.*
Primary Location:* United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode:* 45123
Job:* Information Technology
Organization:* Investment Services Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number:* 1603865
Category: Information Technology