BNY Mellon ORACLE - Sr. Specialist Database Analyst in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon BXP technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
Oracle* Database Administrator (DBA) maintains all enterprise databases to ensure integrity, performance, availability, and recoverability of data. This administrator conducts end-to-end plan design, production support, and implements and monitors database systems. The primary focus for this individual will be to provide production support, database design, install, monitors, patch Oracle database environments. Must be willing to participate in weekly rotations to provide on-site DBA support during evenings and weekends. This position requires working second (2nd) shift hours!
Primary Job Responsibilities Include:*
· Proactively monitor database performance and take necessary actions to improve throughput and stability of the database platform.
· Plan and execute database upgrades and patches.
· Troubleshoot production issues and clearly communicate the resolution to the stakeholders.
· Work with Data and Business Architects to come up with optimal logical and physical database design.
· Work with application development teams to rollout DB changes in all environments.
· Ensure that the development and test databases are functioning properly and work the developers to make sure that the enterprise database conventions and security standards are being followed.
· Participate in weekly rotation to provide DBA support evenings and weekends on premises.**
Sr. Specialist Database Analyst->> Designs, implements, and supports database management structures, as well as database back-up, recovery, security, archiving and conversion strategies. Collaborates with application development teams on various database issues and takes a lead role in problem resolution. Collaborates and consults with application development teams to determine database/system platform selection, efficient database design, and access. Provides technical assistance and mentoring to staff in all areas of database support. Designs, implements, and maintains physical database structures and associated network and system configurations. Manages data, maintaining data integrity, using effective utility and disk management procedures. Monitors database and replication servers for resource utilization. Uses knowledge and expertise of existing database environments to make recommendations for opportunities to share data and/or reduce data redundancies. Assists database team in providing problem identification and resolution support through analysis and research. Designs and administers database security strategies. Installs and configures database management system and related distributed system software as needed. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 8-10 years of experience in design and administration of logical and relational databases or systems analysis required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Primary Qualifications:*
· Extensive Oracle database administration skills.
· Strong understanding of all aspects of Oracle 11g and 12c.
· Experience with Exadata administration, installation, configuration and patching is a plus.
· Ability to troubleshoot production problems and performance tuning.
· Should be motivated and work well under pressure.
· Good verbal and written communication skills are key as are project and time management skills.
· 3+ years of Unix Shell Scripting experience, working with Linux and Solaris operating systems preferred.
· Effective interpersonal and time management skills – able to build consensus/trust driven relationships. The ability to articulate issues and work in a team oriented environment toward their resolution is critical to the success of this position.
- BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.*
Primary Location:* United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode:* 45152
Job:* Information Technology
Organization:* Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number:* 1601975
Category: Information Technology