The Mosaic Company Paralegal in Plymouth, Minnesota
Are you our next Paralegal?
The Paralegal will be responsible for providingsupport to the Mosaic Law Department on a wide variety of labor, employment and compliancematters, includingMosaic’s Affirmation Action Program, employee and labor relations training,and administering the company’s Ethics Point system. In addition, this person will provide other general legal support on an as-needed basis
What will you do?
- Affirmative Action Program Maintenance: Responsible for the administration of compliance programs and activities. Develop annual Affirmative Action Plans (AAPs) and for all U.S. establishments ensuring accurate internal workforce and transactional data. Train HR and Managers on compliance processes. Collaborate and consult with HR and business functions to provide oversight and guidance to align HR programs, practices, processes, and systems with EEO and AA policy objectives and laws
- Ethics Point Administration: Administer company’s compliance system (Ethics Point) and provide advice, guidance and counseling to HR Generalists and People Leaders. Assign and/or conduct investigations. Develop and deliver appropriate communications and education materials to ensure program compliance and awareness. Prepare case reports and trend information for review by the Business Ethics Committee and Audit Committee
- Employment, Benefits and Labor Law: Provide support for a variety of complex employment andlabor-related matters, including drafting severance and general release agreements, providing counseling on discipline and termination requests, assist with EEOC and NLRB charge responses, FLSA wage and hour issues, collective bargaining negotiation matters, arbitration's, and FMLA/ADAAA issues
- AAP Reporting/Audit Procedures and Government Reporting: Conduct regular analyses of employment data, including compensation, selection practices (hires, promotions, and terminations) to identify and resolve areas of opportunity. Assist in managing company responses to all phases of government audits. Interpret and ensure compliance with various federal reporting requirements, including EEO-1s and VETS-100 reporting requirements. Complete AAP and EEO filings for government bids and ensure all that all filing deadlines are met. Maintain all EEO-1, Vets-100 and AAP records.
- Training: Responsible for employment law and related compliance training, including effective development, coordination and presentation of training and development programs for all employees. Assess developmental needs to drive training initiatives, and identify and arrange suitable training solutions for employees
- Other miscellaneous job duties as assigned
What do you need?
- Bachelors degree required with a major inLegal / Paralegal Studies, Human Resources or related field
- 1-3 years of paralegal or employee relations experience
- Previous experience in a unionized environmentpreferred
- ABA-Approved Paralegal Certificatepreferred
- Strong computer skills, which includes proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Strong verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, coaching and influencing skills
- Demonstrated relationship-building skills are required
- Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to effectively work and create effective partnerships with employees at all levels within the organization
- Ability to adapt to a continually changing business and work environment and manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrated critical thinking and decision making skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
The Mosaic Company
As one of the world’s largest producers and marketers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients, Mosaic delivers value from mine to market. Driven by our mission to help the world grow the food it needs, our nearly 9,000 employees deliver about 20 million tonnes of crop nutrient and feed products each year to customers in approximately 40 countries.
We conduct our work with integrity and excellence, and we strive to be a thoughtful neighbor in each of our operating communities. We use our financial resources, expertise and innovative spirit to demonstrate our shared commitment to good corporate citizenship.
The Mosaic Company (NYSE:MOS) is a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Plymouth, Minnesota.
At Mosaic, we believe success comes when we make smart choices about our stewardship of the environment, how we engage our people, and the way we manage our resources. We’re committed to maintaining a safe, healthy and respectful work environment for our workforce. And we’re dedicated to ensuring Mosaic is a place where people are proud to work and grow.
Mosaic is always looking for bright, passionate individuals who are motivated by our purpose, and who want to build their careers with a global leader in agriculture. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, as well as meaningful career development opportunities.