Indian Health Service Supervisory Quality Management Officer in Polacca, Arizona
Indian Health Service
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Polacca, AZ
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Tuesday 10/4/2016 (19 day(s) ago)
** Closes Tuesday 10/25/2016 (2 day(s) away)
Become a part of an innovative, dynamic, nationwide organization of dedicated health care providers working to meet the individual health care needs of American Indians and Alaska Natives. Indian Health Service (IHS) employees are considerate in our care, creative in our approach, enthusiastic about our work and compassionate with our patients.
Our lifestyle is adventurous, community oriented and focused on service and problem solving as part of a professional interdisciplinary team. Join us in improving the health outcomes of 2.2 million American Indians and Alaska Natives.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is the Supervisory Quality Management Officer for the Administrative Services Division, Quality Management Department for the Hopi Health Care Center in Polacca, Arizona and will report to the Health System Administrator (Chief Executive Officer). The Supervisory Quality Management Officer will oversee and coordinate all administrative management and support services for the Quality Management Department.
THIS POSITION IS BEING RE-ADVERTISED TO SOLICIT ADDITIONAL APPLICATIONS. APPLICANTS WHO APPLIED PREVIOUSLY NEED NOT REAPPLY UNLESS SUBMITTING UPDATED AND/OR MISSING INFORMATION.
- Provides scope of service that include ambulatory program(s), infection control, employee health, data abstraction, risk management, safety, compliance, quality management and other external quality areas related directly to the delivery of health care services.
- Participates in the development of strategic plans, develop long-range goals, annual objectives and strategies to meet the healthcare goals of the organization.
- Pursue business excellence, develop and execute plans to achieve organizational goals, leveraging resources to maximize efficiency and produce high quality results focusing on customer needs and satisfaction.
- Foster an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the Hopi Health Care Center.
- Improves the quality and access of care utilizing initiatives identified by the Indian Health Service Innovations in Planned Care.
- Completes administrative projects assigned by the Chief Executive Officer that furthers the mission of the Hopi Health Care Center
- Occasional Travel
- May be required for work related duties and/or training.
- Relocation expenses are authorized and will be paid. You will be required to sign a one year service agreement. Failure to fulfill the one year service agreement may result in repayment of relocation expenses.
- Selectee will be subject to a pre-employment fingerprint check.
- Selectee will be subject to a background investigation.
- Selectee will be subject to a probationary/trial period.
- ESEP appointees typically serve a two year trial period.
- More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
To qualify for this position, your resume must state sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are applying.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer and part time experience. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
For positions requiring positive education requirements, or if you are using education to meet all or part of the qualification requirements, you MUST submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned) in your resume.
Degree: major study in an academic field related to the health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position.
In addition, to the Basic Requirements, you must also meet the Minimum Qualifications stated below:
Your resume must demonstrate at least one (1) year of specialized Supervisory Quality Management experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector performing the following type of work and/or tasks: Providing leadership in the development and measurement of the health care center's approach to quality performance improvement (PI) and medical safety; Initiating and overseeing the development of a comprehensive quality PI program; Participating in the development, monitoring, reporting, and improvement of activities related to clinical pathways and guidelines; Initiating, overseeing and integrating a comprehensive medical safety program as a component of hospital quality services to improve the safety of patients, visitors and employees; Overseeing the investigation and reporting of events as required by regulatory agencies in collaboration with corporate compliance, risk management and legal affairs; Overseeing data collection and analysis, reporting, improvement activities and follow-up related to medical errors; Reviewing and evaluating services of the hospital affected by medical safety regulatory issues, identifying problems, making recommendations for improvement; Proactively educate hospital leadership and medical staff regarding regulatory issues, new statues guidelines, and medical safety PI activities; Leading the department of hospital policies and procedures related to quality improvement of medical services; Formulating divisional programs to address patient volume, priorities for service and patient care objectives; Determining staffing and resource needs to make required improvements; and Serving as a member of teams which may include clinical committees and Governing Boards.
Time-In-Grade Requirements: Merit Promotion (status) candidates must have completed one year of service at the next lower grade level. Time-In-Grade provisions do not apply under the Excepted Service Examining Plan (ESEP).
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 pm (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: Tuesday, October 25, 2016
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
You can track the progress of your application package via your USAJOBS account. You will receive an acknowledgement from USAJOBS that your submission was successful once we have received your on-line occupational questionnaire, resume, and any supporting documentation. You will be notified of the status of your application via your USAJOBS Account after we conduct a qualification review of your complete application package. You will be contacted if further evaluation or interviews are required. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempt to conceal information may disqualify you for employment consideration. We may verify all information you provide in your resume and questionnaire responses, through reference and/or background check, and/or verification of your education. If you are selected, you will be contacted personally by the Human Resources (HR) office posting this announcement.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You can review our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
This position meets the criteria specified in pillar number one of the five pillars of the PHS Commissioned Corps. PHS Commissioned Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps MUST apply online under the merit promotion announcement indicated above in order to receive consideration. For more information on PHS Commissioned Corps, visit the website at: http://www.usphs.gov/
Government Housing is subject to availability and approval.
Incentive: Recruitment or Relocation Incentive may or may not be authorized and is subject to availability and service unit approval. If offered, you will be required to sign a one year service agreement. Failure to fulfill the service agreement will result in repayment of the incentive.
Federal Employees earn annual leave at a rate (4, 6 or 8 hours per pay period) which is based on the number of years they have served as a Federal employee. IHS may offer newly-appointed Federal employees credit for their directly related previous non-federal experience or active duty uniformed military service. This credited service can be used in determining the rate at which annual leave is earned.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a pre-employment fingerprint check and background investigation. Fingerprint results and background investigation documentation must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints and background investigation documentation. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957. Seasonal Influenza immunization is required for civilian health care facility staff working in Indian Health Service health care facilities.
- Selectees are required to have a viable bank account at a financial institution for electronic direct deposit of salary payments.
- May drive a U.S. Government vehicle and must have a valid, unrestricted driver's license.
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free
Salary Range: $84,443.00 to $109,781.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0601-13/13
Supervisory Status: Yes
Who May Apply: Candidates eligible under Indian Preference appointing authority; All Federal employees serving on a career or career-conditional appointment; Reinstatement eligible; Veterans Preference including Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA); Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) eligible; Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) eligible; Schedule A, and/or PHS Commissioned Corps Personnel.
Control Number: 452539000
Job Announcement Number: IHS-R2-PX-1738522-ESEP/MP