BNY Mellon Tax Manager- Global Tax support – Base Erosion and Profit Shifting in Poole, United Kingdom
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Service Delivery (CSD) brings together BNY Mellon's key operational areas into one global team to better support the company's businesses and serve clients around the world. CSD helps clients to conduct business, service assets, and engage in transactions in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. At every stage of the investments lifecycle - creating, trading, clearing, settling, holding, servicing, managing, distributing and restructuring assets - CSD is working to make BNY Mellon the recognized industry service quality and productivity leader. Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
- Overview Of BNY Mellon:* *
- BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team. * *
- Role* *
- The Global Tax Services team focuses on Tax Strategy, Development & Enhancement of Tax Services, Tax Risk Management, Market Presence, Client Facing Tax Support and Leveraging Tax Expertise across BNY Mellon´s Investment Services globally. The key component for this particular role is custody tax knowledge with a background in the provision of international withholding tax services for a wide range of institutional investors.* *
- Responsibilities: * *
- • This position will report to the Global Head of Securities Tax and Tax Research in BNY Mellon's Investment Services division. The candidate will be responsible for the provision of tax technical support to our business and clients focusing primarily on the OECD’s BEPS initiative.* • Supporting BNY Mellon’s BEPS implementation project, working with project managers and stakeholders (as necessary) to help develop a model to support our client’s international tax servicing needs. • Monitoring international tax developments arising from BEPS across all markets in our global custody network and ensuring solutions are implemented to enable BNY Mellon and our clients meet these BEPS requirements. • Developing best practice approach related to the client service model whilst identifying additional products and service opportunities. • Meeting with tax authorities/governments as necessary to advocate workable solutions to tax relief procedures. • Conducting thought leadership seminars with client segments, authoring white papers, contributing articles for external publications where relevant. • Participating in relevant tax industry working groups meetings as necessary. • Assisting the Global Tax Services team in ad-hoc projects as they arise from BEPS in relation to other global tax initiatives (e.g. Common Reporting Standard, Financial Transaction Taxes, Capital Gain Taxes, etc). * *• *
- Risk Management Responsibilities* *
- • Tone from the Top - Ensure that a strong risk management and governance culture is embedded throughout the Business Unit by promoting the ‘Three Lines of Defence’ model (by working collaboratively with the Second and Third Lines of Defence to identify risks, conduct root-cause analysis, implement remediation activities and to communicate lessons-learned findings) and by developing and implementing strong risk practices across the Business Unit (including the use of the RCSA as the key management tool to actively manage risk within the Business Unit).* • Risk Competence & Knowledge - Understand the Business Unit’s Risk Appetite and how this relates to the legal entity infrastructure and the legal entities under which the Business Unit operates and the legal entities through which the Business Units’ client(s) contract and the impact that this has on the Business Units’ regulatory operating environment. • Accountability - Ensure that responsibilities related to risk management are clearly defined and understood throughout the Business Unit to ensure that risks are identified, escalated and remediated in an effective and transparent manner.
• Extensive experience working within the Asset Servicing Business with deep knowledge in respect of domestic and foreign withholding taxes, tax relief systems, tax treaty analysis, capital gains and financial transaction taxes.
• Particular emphasis on the application of global withholding tax systems to non-resident investors ideally obtained through significant experience at a global custodian or Financial Service Provider.
• Strong client focus, with proven experience of working in product development within a project management framework.
• Team player able to work across multiple lines of business with excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
• Strong analytical and managerial skills.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.*
Primary Location:* United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job:* Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode:* 53675
Organization:* Fund Acctg & Issuer Other-HR14528
Requisition Number:* 1601581
Category: Asset Servicing