Northrop Grumman Field/Maintenance Technician 1 in Port Hueneme, California
Field/Maintenance Technician 1
Requisition ID: 16024810
Location(s): United States-California-Port Hueneme
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman seeks a Field Technician to perform a variety of maintenance and technical support; operating and maintaining main propulsion, auxiliary machinery, and diesel engines located at Port Hueneme, CA with travel to other Naval bases and deployed sites worldwide.
• Developing corrective action plans and documentation for identified quality deficiencies.
• Analyze and evaluate equipment relative to specified performance parameters.
• Performs scheduled maintenance on equipment.
• Performs corrective maintenance to include; fault isolation, installs and removes equipment on US Navy ships.
• Maintains effective customer communications and relations.
• Collaborates and coordinates with customers/suppliers for technical and supply support.
• Complies with applicable industrial safety programs (OSHA).
• May provide flyaway maintenance and installation team support both CONUS and OCONUS.
• Operates equipment such as cranes and forklifts.
• AA Degree or other 2 year technical degree in related discipline with 0 years experience; High School Diploma with an additional 2 years experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
• General maintenance experience in commercial engine, HVAC, or metal repair.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
• Will be required to perform physically demanding work, to include working in tight, restricted access spaces.
• Must be able to climb 20 ft ladders and stand for long periods of time.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs to waist level.
• Experience with Navy maintenance, to include Ship’s Maintenance and Material Management (3M).
• Preventive Maintenance and Corrective Maintenance desired.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Field/Maintenance Technician 1
Location: California-Port Hueneme
Requisition ID: 16024810