Columbia Sportswear Company e-Comm Digital Taxonomy Coordinator in Portland, Oregon
e-Comm Digital Taxonomy Coordinator
United States, Oregon, Portland
10000235 Requisition #
Oct 06, 2016 Post Date
Columbia Sportswear Company is a portfolio of Brands for active lives. From our flagship Columbia Brand to Mountain Hardwear, prAna and even the SOREL Brand….we are all about making products that get people closer to their passions.
So if you have a passion for all things active, we might have the right role for you. If you crave adventure, innovation, quality and – best of all – fun, this is where you belong. If you’re already reaching for your resume – good. Apply for a career with Columbia Sportswear Company today.
Summary: We are looking for a highly self-motivated and multi-faceted Digital Taxonomy Coordinator to begin the search / browse / item set up taxonomy function within the UX team. This position will help design and build world-class, intuitive, and comprehensive taxonomies and ontologies to optimize product discovery and classification across Columbia Sportswear Companies optimizing digital properties in USA, CA, EU and eventually for long-range global expansion. Websites include Columbia.com, SOREL.com and Mountain Hardwear.com.
As a Junior Taxonomist the ideal candidate will have the opportunity to support the global strategies for Taxonomy and Ontology, collaborate on new processes, data structures, and semantic data types both manually and dynamically across technology systems which impact navigation, filtering and on site search, thus improving intuitive find-ability for the retail direct consumer. This position reports to the Digital UX Manager – Ecommerce.
• Work with taxonomy, search, analysts and site management to set direction for taxonomy content, metrics and processes
• Analyze website metrics and customer behavior data to make intelligent decisions on how we should build the best data for customers and internal users
• Own business requirements related to taxonomy tools, metrics and or processes in order to maintain disciplined shared practices
• Responsible for making ongoing product data changes to presentation layers via the Demandware business portal.
• Coordinates with internal and external customers and vendors to ensure execution of programs and tactics on time
• Implements process and system improvements related to data management and operational activities
• Develop, evaluate, and manage taxonomy strategies and vision
• Implement and analyze custom reporting results to enrich taxonomy change decisions
• Work with business and technical stakeholders to find solutions and resolve issues in creative and intelligent ways
• Coordinate with UX Researchers to run and analyze surveys, card sorts, and tree tests to inform taxonomy changes
• Improve our customers’ ability to consistently find items across the site
• Support cross-selling and up-selling efforts, product recommendation strategies
• Develop governance models, procedures, and documentation
• Ability to reconstruct clean data models.
• Support and partial ownership of the bi-seasonal product item set up throughout website domains
• Ability to map and document ongoing changes to site map structure, labels, positions and allow “cross sell” to “up sell” with an eye to ongoing shifts in product relationships.
• Perform other duties or projects as assigned.
• Position is not supervisory in nature
·Bachelor of Science degree or related field. Master of Library Science a plus
· 2+ years e-Commerce experience,1-3 years taxonomy experience
· 2+ year’s online experience in retail product publishing
· Knowledge of retail and apparel industry a plus
· Experience in and “passion” for outdoor activities
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
· Negotiation and relationship building skills
· Excellent time management/organizational skills
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to self-motivate and self-manage while also acting as a team player
· Project Management and wire framing experience a plus
·Job requires hours that may occasionally exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week during times of peak activity.
·Evening meetings and/or weekend work occasionally required to collaborate with people in other time zones and to ensure timely project completion.
·Some job pressure exists in the balancing of several projects with conflicting and sometimes changing deadlines.
·The ability to sit for extended periods and to bend, kneel, and stoop. Ability to operate telephones and computer hardware and software, including keyboard and 10-key.
·Physical capability to occasionally lift up to 30 pounds. Exposure to a computer monitor.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Age .