Columbia Sportswear Company Global Brand Environment Operations Manager in Portland, Oregon
Global Brand Environment Operations Manager
United States, Oregon, Portland
1000023L Requisition #
Oct 11, 2016 Post Date
Columbia Sportswear Company is a portfolio of Brands for active lives. From our flagship Columbia Brand to Mountain Hardwear, prAna and even the SOREL Brand….we are all about making products that get people closer to their passions.
So if you have a passion for all things active, we might have the right role for you. If you crave adventure, innovation, quality and – best of all – fun, this is where you belong. If you’re already reaching for your resume – good. Apply for a career with Columbia Sportswear Company today.
Drive the creation and execution of strategic operational plans to support Global Brand Environments organization, specifically Retail Development & In-store Marketing. Develop and implement policies, processes, and procedures for effective and efficient Global workflow management.
Lead & support Global Production Development, Global Logistics, Global POP Order Process and Global Seasonal Production buys to support execution of Columbia Marketing.
Drive & lead the indirect Global POP Logistics process to support GBE and Global Marketing Objectives. (Seasonal POP eStore order collection, Purchase Order creation, Vendor Management, Production Tracking, Fulfillment, Payment and Reconciliation for US and International orders)
Drive & manage the overall Global Brand Environments budget process to ensure alignment with strategic objectives. Ensure department heads are tracking to forecast. Manage international spends & reconcile monthly reports.
• Strategic and tactical oversight of Marketing Operations – Logistics, Customs and Production teams to ensure workflow optimization and process improvement. Lead process development between Global Brand Environments (GBE) and Marketing Operations. Document new and existing GBE processes and continually evolve GBE processes to support business growth initiatives.
• Develop new opportunities & manage 3rd Party Distribution Centers for Inventory Receipt, Order Fulfillment and ongoing inventory management, including Global online POP order system.
• Track, analyze and report Global fixture & POP inventory with Senior Management, Accounting, Finance and Tax teams.
• Manage Budgets, expense reconciliation and forecasting process. Annual budget oversight to include ongoing management, month and quarter end reporting, accruals and re-classing to correct BU/GL’s.(Only report distribution)
• Develop GBE global calendars and manage Seasonal POP & SiS process with GBE leaders, Sales, Sales Operations and Brand Marketing to support Global Marketing objectives.
• Work closely with US Sales Ops, International Marketing Managers, Distributor Account Reps, Planning, Procurement, Logistics, Customs and IT to ensure seasonal POP orders, production, and fulfillment and execution support of Go-To Marketing timelines.
• Work in tandem with SAP Business Process Owners and Marketing Ops Director to drive SAP development, integration, implementation and maintenance within Marketing to support Global Logistics Process and Budget management.
• Manage POP vendor contract management process. Responsible for new POP Vendor set up and maintenance with Procurement, Accounting, Legal, Corporate Responsibility and Sourcing in JDE/SAP, Ariba, and GT Nexus systems.
• Maintain positive open lines of communication with Columbia Sportswear management, staff and other departments in order to contribute to the smooth flow of information and efficient operation of the organization.
• Perform other related duties to accomplish primary functions.
• Direct reports include Production Manager and Logistics Manager.
• Position provides leadership and direction to direct reports and Operations team. Duties also include team management, defining roles and responsibilities, planning department future needs and operations, counseling employees on performance, appraisal of performance and employee pay decision/changes.
• Incumbent is responsible for strategic team development and evolution to support business growth and increased demand for consolidated Global Production and Logistics to support Columbia family of Brands.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience required.
• 8-10 years of increasingly responsible professional and management experience required, preferably in Retail, Project Management and Global Production.
• Possess substantial supervisory and problem solving skills, including troubleshooting and solving problems of an unusual, possibly complex, nature.
• Ability to perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy. Possess the ability to effectively manage competing projects/problems. Requires ability to successfully deal with work and time pressures to accomplish job requirements efficiently and effectively.
• Possess strong organizational and excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Requires excellent ability to speak to and make presentations to groups of varying sizes. Possess ability to mobilize, provide direction, leadership, and follow-through with various personnel internally and with other departments in order to achieve a common objective.
• Requires excellent negotiation skills and ability to develop consensus amongst internal and external business partners, including senior executives.
• Must be able to make decisions and operate independently with discretion.
• Requires well developed ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
• Possess a working knowledge of modern data processing principles, including Internet and other PC/Mac processes.
• Must be physically able to sit for extended periods of time. Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, and operate computer hardware/software including keyboarding.
• Job requires hours that often exceed 8 hours per day and 40 hours per week especially during peak periods. Evening meetings/weekend work occasionally occurs.
• Job requires domestic and international travel.
• Job pressure exists in the balancing of a wide variety of projects with conflicting deadlines, managing personal time and time of subordinates to ensure timely completion of projects.
• Job is normally performed in an office environment.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.