Columbia Sportswear Company SAP Solution Architect in Portland, Oregon
SAP Solution Architect
United States, Oregon, Portland
100000CI Requisition #
Jun 01, 2016 Post Date
The Finance/Accounting (SAP) Solutions Architect serves as the vital link between Columbia’s business teams and Global Information Services organization. As our Solutions Architect, you will insure all aspects of Columbia’s Finance & Accounting SAP functional solutions are successfully designed, implemented and in line with the organization’s immediate and long term objectives.
As an integral member of Columbia’s leadership team you will be involved in all internal Finance/Accounting and SAP projects from inception, go-live and post production, insuring stable and scalable solutions. Through the application of SAP FICO subject matter expertise and analytical and problem-solving skills, you will drive business and IT teams to craft adaptable, comprehensive, configurable and scalable solutions to minimize technical debt and manage total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Set strategic direction in Columbia for SAP with IS-Finance and non-SAP components to be used to best fulfill business requirements, producing innovative technology solutions for implementation across the entire finance and controlling landscape
- Demonstrate creative, strategic thinking and problem solving; able to exercise independent judgment in a highly complex global environment using leading-edge technology and/or integrating diverse systems
- Take a leadership role in engaging with internal customers; act in a trusted advisory and consulting role and represent systems and processes
- Engage with stakeholders in understanding business requirements, current system landscape and propose new solutions and applications that provide enhanced value from the customer’s perspective
- Create compelling solution presentations covering vendor packaged applications, integrating touch points with other parts of the SAP suite and other applications, and be able to showcase business benefits from SAP and finance/accounting solutions
- Contribute to enhancing the knowledge management process within the finance and accounting organizations, create business best practices, process flows, templates and support packaged service offerings where necessary
- Work very closely with Business Executives, Cross Functional Business Process Owners, Technical Architects, Cross Functional Technology Owners, Application Managers, Business Analysts, ABAP Developers, and Reporting Analysts to help guide the functional design and WRICEFs development
- Conduct Review of complex gaps and approval of functional specifications (FSPECs) to craft adaptable, comprehensive, configurable and scalable IT solutions to minimize technical debt and TCO across the Finance and Controlling landscape
- Support Technical Architects and ABAP Development teams in development of technical designs and technical specifications
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, negotiating and marketing skills to work with users, senior management, and external personnel on significant matters, often requiring coordinated activity across functional and organizational lines
- Work with Integration teams in design of SAP Interfaces around Finance/Accounting with multiple hardware and software environments and be comfortable in managing integration with complex heterogeneous systems environments
- As a member of the Architecture Review Board (ARB) work closely with other Enterprise Architects and Technical Architects in resolving complex enterprise IT architectural issues, mitigate risks, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies
- Develop near/mid-term roadmaps to address gaps and move company towards a future state SAP Finance and Controlling architecture to support future business growth and innovation
- As a member of the Change Advisory board (CAB) work closely with other teams in monitoring and approval of change requests and production changes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Accounting/Finance or related fields, along with Certifications from SAP on Functional training
- Consulting leadership experience with consulting firms, and certification in finance, accounting, and costing (COPA) will be an added plus
- 8+ years of in-depth SAP FICO finance/accounting functional experience with configuration knowledge and functional skills that are both broad and deep across the FICO modules with knowledge
- Ideal candidate must have closely worked on at least two or more global SAP FICO implementations involving multi-brand/multi-channel presence
- Experience in integrating SAP with middleware (BizTalk, SAP-PI, TIBCO etc.), Data warehousing and Reporting solutions (SAP-BW, BOBJ, Cognos, TerraData etc.).
- Strong preference to candidates with knowledge and exposure to Finance and COPA implementations
- Strong team orientation and ability to thrive on virtual, international, cross-functional teams, and experienced in facilitating meetings with multiple customers and technical staff, including building consensus and mediating compromises when necessary
- Proven record of excellent performance in solving complex issues and building solution proposals
- Demonstrate excellent verbal, written communications, and presentation skills including technical and non-technical users
- Understanding of SAP Application Life Cycle Management, Solution Manager, and SAP methodologies, including business and process modeling
- ABAP programming knowledge and exposure to SAP HANA is a plus
- Strong analytical and communication skills, including ability to rapidly gather data, structure hypotheses, and develop synthesized findings/recommendation
If you’re the type of person who likes to work hard, play hard and do it as part of a hard-working team, then this could be the opportunity for you! We make products to stand the test of time and we want you to do that with us!
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Age .