Columbia Sportswear Company Seasonal Part Time Cashier - Portland, OR - Employee Store in Portland, Oregon
Seasonal Part Time Cashier - Portland, OR - Employee Store
United States, Oregon, Portland
100001WO Requisition #
Oct 11, 2016 Post Date
This is a Seasonal position that runs from September to January.
Seasonal Cashier Associate ensures the timely, accurate and efficient operation of the cash wrap area by following the established policies and procedures. Cashiers will also provide exceptional customer service and assist the store leadership team in supporting our company mission: “Connecting Active People With Their Passions.”
Perform Cashier Duties at the checkout counter including:
Scan items at point of sale and ensure pricing is correct, discounts applied, etc
- Collect Customer payments in all acceptable forms
- Process merchandise returns and exchanges.
Provide receipts at the conclusion of the sale.
Provide exceptional customer service by:
Respond to customer questions or issues
- Greeting all customers with a smile
Providing suggestions for additional purchases and sales recommendations
Maintain accurate checkout operations by following policies and procedures; reporting any issues to store management.
- Maintain cleanliness and safety standards in the store by organizing and cleaning as needed.
- Perform other store related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Requires less than 2 years of general work experience.
- Previous retail sales experience and/or experience working in a customer service environment is strongly preferred.
- Ability to use a telephone and POS systems.
- Perform repetitive movements of the arms and shoulders.
- Stand for extended periods of time up to 8 hours per day.
- Move freely around store, bend, twist, reach, squat, and climb a ladder.
- Regularly lift/carry up to 40 pounds.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.