Columbia Sportswear Company SOREL Key Account Rep - Online Accounts in Portland, Oregon
SOREL Key Account Rep - Online Accounts
United States, Oregon, Portland
10000223 Requisition #
Sep 30, 2016 Post Date
Join SOREL, an authentic brand with uniquepositioning: the most OUTDOOR in FASHION and the most FASHION in OUTDOOR.
General Position Summary:
Manage all sales functions for the online keyaccount business. Establishes and communicates, in conjunctionwith the Regional Sales Manager and Director of US Sales, appropriate salesgoals and seasonal initiatives. Fostersstrategic alignment with all cross-functional departments. Responsibilities include managing financialplans, assortment plans, sales plans, and inventory management to producesustained profitable growth. Alsoresponsible for identifying and researching market opportunities, and workingwith the SMU merchants and planning teams to assure proper management of theSMU and in line business.
This position is based in Portland, OR.
- In-depth Brand awareness, understanding ofthe industry, online marketplace, trends, and competitive brand landscape inonline retail
- Works with Regional Sales Manager/Directorof Sales to drive online retail strategy
- Align account goals with the strategicdirection of the Brand and business.
- Ability to develop, maintains, and strengthensstrategic partnerships with others inside and outside the organization.
- Demonstrates strategic and analyticalthinking when tackling a problem or when gathering information needed toresolve issues/situations. Solution orientated.
- Possesses a compete-to-win attitude and isalways striving in the pursuit of relentless improvement and development.
- Acts as primary liaison between Sorel and theaccounts, ensuring that their needs are met
- Financial Planning – understands allcomponents of an upfront financial plan at both an account and department level,and be able to develop a plan for each account. Receipt flow and understanding of retail mathare key components. Plans include a 3 year rolling strategic plan.
- Financial analysis of in season keymetrics, analyzing and managing sell through in season, and making recommendationson order shifts and flows to positively affect the seasonal financials.
- Works closely with key accounts toestablish appropriate sales goals based on sales history and projected salestrends. Meets regularly with the buyingand management teams to project and manage on hand inventory and purchaseneeds. Meets regularly with senior Sorelsales management to review sales data and account management.
- The successful candidate will utilizestrong presentation skills to tell the brand story, brand initiatives, andseasonal product focuses at sell in. Has a thorough understanding of onlinemarketing strategies in order to present the brand landing page, initiatives,and selected product online that drives sell-through.
- Works closely with Sorel departments tocoordinate product presentations and provide information on technical aspectsof product including design and materials.
- Will be responsible to manage sales orderentry, contract management, order flow, and re-orders.
- Works closely with an internal Sorel teamof merchants, customer service and planning that is responsible for productplanning and production, sales and inventory projections, SMU design,operational and logistics support, and information to all parties to helpproperly manage key account business.
- Understands and facilitates implementationof key on-line marketing strategies.
- Manage all on-line sales componentsincluding brand landing pages, site SKU management, and product descriptions.
- Responsible for strategies to maintainprofitability including off price and promotional offers.
- Understands the competition and able tocommunicate the issues that arise from our competitors tomanagement/merchandising.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in BusinessAdministration, or Marketing and 8-10 years direct sales experience inapparel/footwear industry.
- Direct sales experience can also besubstituted or enhanced with experience in all forms of business planning andor apparel buying experience.
- Emphasis on inventory planning and analysisa plus.
- Experience with online retail is desirable.
- Previous experience in a management capacityis highly desirable.
- This position is based in Portland, OR.Required to live in local area.
This job description is not meant to be anall-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a generaldefinition of the position’s scope and function in the company.