Columbia Sportswear Company Sr Retail Business Analyst in Portland, Oregon
Sr Retail Business Analyst
United States, Oregon, Portland
100001MJ Requisition #
Sep 29, 2016 Post Date
In this position the BA will perform as a IS/IT contact for the Direct-to-Consumer - DTC business. The BA will develop a strong working partnership with DTC business stakeholders in one or multiple functional areas to gain a thorough understanding of the business in order to stimulate, surface, and shape business demand for GIS services and ensure that the business value from those services is captured, realized, optimized, and recognized.
Although the BA’s primary focus will be on store business application solutions, the BA will need to have an overall working understanding of end-to-end enterprise systems processes and exercise influence across the enterprise to support DTC’s business requirements. BA responsibilities for this position include: project management, requirements gathering and management, systems analysis, software design, testing, documentation, training, implementation support and leadership for on-going production support.
- Proactively partner with business stakeholders to define, shape, articulate and prioritize requirements and projects requiring GIS services.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to influence and manage priorities for business IS demand by developing costs/benefit analysis, building business cases, and developing and maintaining strategic IS roadmaps (typically covering 1 – 3 years) required to support the business’ strategic roadmap.
- Manage, track and facilitate business requests end-to-end, from ideation to implementation, for applications solutions (new or changes) or IS services.
- Be a visible DTC business advocate, representing and influencing DTC business requirements and interests across GIS and the enterprise.
- Partner with business users to perform structured analysis and assessments of business requirements, reporting, processes, and work flows to recommend and/or evaluate changes for continuous process improvements and/or implement solutions for meeting strategic needs.
- Develops test plans and executes structured unit and integrated test scripts and scenarios. Leads the coordinated execution of end-to-end testing including defect reporting and remediation.
- Periodically assigned as a project lead or project manager on system initiatives or a specific work track within major initiatives.
- Oversee the documentation and maintenance of operating procedures and technical support material for business functional areas.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with vendor partners and oversee vendor performance management.
- Work with GIS Client Services to implement and manage Service Level Agreements for supported services and solutions.
- Collaborate with Release Management to plan, schedule and track release schedules.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Management, or related degree.
- 5+ years progressive experience in IT roles responsible performing advanced business requirements and systems analysis, leading business application implementations, and providing advanced production support of information systems.
- Experience implementing mid-to-large size business applications projects; PMP certification is a plus.
- Experience and advance knowledge of implementation and support of the following store solutions is desired: Point of Sale, mPOS, Store Inventory Management, Payment, Instore Analytics and/or Work Force Management.
- Experience implementing and supporting omnichannel capabilities is a plus
Technical experience preferred:
- SQL query
- Experience using visual tools, (e.g., MS Visio) to effectively capture business and systems requirements.
- Demonstrate a collaborative working style, developing a positive and productive working team environment and the ability to motivate teams to lead change and deliver cost-effective and high quality solutions that meet business needs.
- Experience performing multiple functions in the areas of business consultant, vendor management, project management, application support, and subject matter expert.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as exceptional time management skills to handle a diverse workload and multiple priorities.
- Proven ability to translate technical concepts and conduct complex interpersonal interactions often involving moderately to highly complex or technical topics.
- Experience and understanding of aligning the needs of business units with the capabilities delivered by information technology, and the ability to serve as a "translator" between those groups.
- Strong experience in test planning, test case development and test execution.
- Demonstrate the ability to prepare and deliver formal presentations to varying levels of the company and varying audiences, communicating complex concepts in easy to understand terms.
- Ability to articulate a clear and concise point of view or vision with business and GIS leaders and teams in order to shape and influence desired results.
- Experience performing vendor engagement and performance management, including but not limited to Request for Proposals (RFP) and service level agreements (SLAs).
- Demonstrate the ability to work with Financial Analysts to develop ROI estimates and track and manage project expenses, including invoice reconciliation.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Age .
OTS – COL