Columbia Sportswear Company Store Operations Analyst - Best Practices/Process Improvement in Portland, Oregon
Store Operations Analyst - Best Practices/Process Improvement
United States, Oregon, Portland
100001XB Requisition #
Aug 22, 2016 Post Date
General Position Summary:
The Store Operations Analyst for Columbia Sportswear will understand and document “as is” and create, implement and support “to be” functional and cross-functional business processes and tools to support Columbia’s strategic initiatives and operational excellence. More specifically, this position will play a key role in defining future state end-to-end processes for Columbia Sportswear Company – Direct to Consumer business as follows:
- Lead a culture of change, sharing and adopting best practices among the NA retail market.
- Support the selection, development, and implementation of new tools and processes to improve our North America Retail business including but not limited to workforce management, labor planning, KPI analytics and customer service.
- Support process execution in-stores to manage retail standards across markets to contribute to the retail operations strategy and ensure deployment and execution across NA.
- Support store operations projects from creation to completion to deliver projects on-time and within budget
- Organize, update, create, and improve best practices SOPs for the store team.
- Analyze, compile, and continuously improve store ops and store reports
- Apply qualitative and quantitative analytics to processes (I.e., ROI, monetary and labor savings, cause and effect, etc.)
- Assist with maintenance, upgrades, testing and implementation of all store operations tools, forums, and reporting enhancements
- Coordinate projects and timelines to ensure operational excellence and execution to design specifications
- Responsible for overseeing and improving delivery of goods and services from the Distribution Center and 3rdparty vendors
- Collect data to identify root cause of problems; propose and enable solutions.
- Create business process and data flows to validate existing issues.
- Develop, validate and articulate business, functional and system requirements.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to develop and implement functional and/or technical solutions to achieve the desired end state.
- Perform continuous reviews to align processes with changing business conditions.
- Work with the calendar management team to insure process improvements are identified and implemented.
- Use modelling techniques to create business process and data flows.
- Lead group and individual cross functional interview sessions to gather and elicit information from functional managers and their staff on supply chain business processes.
- Create and deliver presentations and/or training to all levels of Columbia staff, from functional business managers to executives.
- Be accountable to Cross-Functional Business Process Owner for testing activities, including writing end-to-end scenarios, data coordination and preparation, test execution, defect follow-up and resolution.
- Lead a project team and manage according to PMI lifecycle process methodology.
- Work with the enterprise architect to ensure systems are compliant with the overall architecture.
Supervisory Responsibility :
The position is not supervisory in nature.
Specific Job Skills:
- Solid knowledge of principles, concepts, and theories within supply chain associated with D2C channel and ability to train & develop other team members on this knowledge
- Solid knowledge of cost and value drivers for D2C value chain, including Planning, Buy, Allocations, Distribution, replenishment as well as store operations.
- The ability to organize, lead and conduct individual and cross functional group interviews to gather information about current business process and to translate and articulate the information captured in the interviews into process models.
- Work comfortably with IT as solutions are developed (interfaces, trouble shooting, understanding some system challenges).
- Intermediate experience using Microsoft Excel to create spreadsheets, charts and pivot tables; using of functions such as sumif, vlookup and similar.
- Possess excellent organizational and presentation skills.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and be comfortable in a situation that is not always welldefined or changes frequently. Strategic agility in problem solving.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a diverse group / Previous experience within a global workforce, and awareness of and sensitivity to cultural differences
- Is in a position to provide leadership, guidance and direction to other team members.
- Knowledge of the apparel supply chain process.
- Experience in Microsoft PowerPoint and Visio.
- Retail Apparel Store Operations functions
- Store Allocation and capacity processes
- Supply chain transportation processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Retail, Supply Chain or Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Certification in Process Redesign Methodology: Six Sigma or Lean desirable.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list ofduties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of theposition's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Age .