HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Pharmacist PRN in Portsmouth, New Hampshire
• Following physicians’ orders compounds and dispenses medications and other pharmaceuticals.
• Maintains strong knowledge of hospital policies and government regulations and dispenses accordingly.
• Consults with physicians and nursing staff regarding medications.
• Determines and consults on possible drug interactions.
• Assists in the supervision of pharmacy technician personnel.
• Participates in Drug Utilization Review.
• Assists with quality improvement initiatives.
• Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
• Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
• Orients and mentors new staff members.
• Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required: Graduate of a College of Pharmacy accredited by the American Council on Pharmacy Education. BS or Pharm.D degree.
Required: Current State licensure as a Pharmacist. Participate with Code Teams as assigned. Must obtain (within 6 months of hire) and maintain AHA BLS and ACLS certification.
Preferred: PALS certification.
Preferred: Hospital experience.
Title: Pharmacist PRN
Location: New Hampshire-Portsmouth-Portsmouth Regional Hospital - Portsmouth
Requisition ID: 00147-6050