HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) Manager of Hemoncology in Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Portsmouth Regional Hospitalis a 209-bed acute care hospital located in Portsmouth, NH, and is part of HCA, the nation’s largest provider of healthcare services. Portsmouth Regional Hospital serves the seacoast region’s residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts and is also one of the area’s largest employers. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only Level II Trauma Center on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction.
Registered Nurse Manager of Hemoncology
The Hemoncology Nurse Manager works collaboratively with the Director in guiding department growth, patient satisfaction, positive physician’s relations and fiscal responsibility. The Nurse Manager supervises and directs the delivery of nursing patient care in accordance with: departmental, nursing, and facility policies and procedures, PRH mission and vision, and strategic plan.
* Maintains expert clinical knowledge of areas within the department
* Oversees scheduling procedures to ensure appropriate coverage for daily assignments.
* Conducts patient rounding on the unit to ensure patient satisfaction.
* Responsible for nursing staff development to include: assessment and evaluation of performance, skill and behavioral based competencies; completion of initial and annual evaluations.
* Participates in patient care as appropriate.
* Assists the Director in the interviewing, hiring, and the onboarding of new staff members.
* Works in conjunction with the director to provide feedback to the staff regarding performance in compliance with HR and departmental policies.
* Models leadership and professionalism, and provides education and guidance to staff regarding compliance with regulatory agency standards, national nursing standards and evidence based practices in oncology care.
* Attends and actively participates in the hospital/nursing leadership meetings.
* Regularly reviews quality data to ensure optimal patient outcomes and works with director to implement an action plan to correct deficiencies. Educates staff regarding outliers and best practices standards to ensure compliance. * Works with Director to promote and maintain fiscal responsibility within the department by timely edits to Kronos and daily review of PLUS. * Promotes a culture of safety within the department through education, assessment of staff competencies with new products, equipment and/or medication.
* Seeks feedback from staff on desired educational offerings and/or need for additional training on low volume/high risks medications, procedures etc. * Provides education to staff on survey results and actively works with staff on action plans to decrease perceived safety issues.
_Experience:_ * 3-5 yeas of RN Experience in Hemoncology/Oncology required * Charge Nurse and/or leadership experience preferred
_Licensure and Certifications:_
* Chemotherapy Biotherapy Certification, OCN Certification
* New Hampshire State License or Valid Compact State License
_Education:_ * Bachelor's Degree required
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Manager of Hemoncology
Location: New Hampshire-Portsmouth-Portsmouth Regional Hospital - Portsmouth
Requisition ID: 00147-5937