HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Admin Asst in Pulaski, Virginia
Administrative Assistant to CNO
General Description of Position: To provide clerical support and assistance to the Chief Nursing Officer, other administrative leaders and managerial staff at LewisGale Hospital Pulaski
Duties Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Provides clerical support to hospital’s administrative office requiring knowledge of standard office concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Receives and distributes Information to and from CNO.
- Compiles routine correspondence and reports.
- Schedules appointments.
- Answers telephones, screens callers, relays messages, and greets visitors.
- Provides project assistance to CNO. Assist in managing CNO’s schedule; working the assist in balancing work schedule.
- Coordinates itinerary / travel / lodging arrangements as needed. Assist with initiatives and projects related to nursing as assigned by the CNO.
- Provides written correspondence a s directed by the CNO
- Serves as scheduler and record keeper for Nursing Councils and other committees as required.
- Utilizes dictation and word processing skills for typing Policies and Procedures, correspondence, etc. Assists with updating P&P’s.
- Accurately maintains filing and record keeping system.
- Orders supplies as needed. Assists Administrative nursing staff with purchase orders. Responsible for Records Management for CEO and CNO offices. Assists with management of forms hospital-wide.
Performance Expectations for all Positions:
PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY * * * * Performs Work Accurately * Errors or mistakes occur infrequently or are minor in nature. Generally conscientious in completing tasks error-free. * Supports Hospital Policies * Follows hospital rules as described in department and hospital policies; seeks out assistance if unsure. * Is Dependable * Completes work with minimal supervision. Adjusts to workload variations as assigned * Has Good Attendance * Experiences unexceptional number of occurrences (generally no more than 3 per year, excluding bereavement and FMLA). Consistently arrives at work on time. Conscientious about missed work. * Continuously Learns * Attends required education and required in-services, attends extra classes if asked. Meets requirements for attendance at department meetings. * Supports Code of Conduct * Adheres to company ethics and compliance standards at work, including confidentiality and privacy. Appropriately refers questions. * Follows Safety Rules * Follows established safety guidelines in all work related activities; follows standard precautions including hand washing and use of PPE; properly handles hazardous materials within the department.
CRITICAL THINKING * * * * Solves Problems * Will identify and analyze problems, considering various alternatives. Takes action when confronted with a problem. Generally takes responsibility for actions when negative outcomes are identified. * Suggests Improvements * Offers opinions and ideas regarding improvements when asked; Offers opinions and ideas regarding improvements when asked; willing to assist with solutions and participates in team efforts. CUSTOMER SERVICE * Performs Work Timely * Work is completed on time. * Demonstrates Initiative * Performs work that is assigned, occasionally seeks out additional assignments or puts in extra effort. * Communicates Appropriately * Communicates effectively to appropriate persons to ensure problems are taken care of; consistently uses chain of command. Encourages collaboration or teamwork. Works Well With Others * Team player; works toward accomplishing job assignments and assists with department and organization goals as asked. Gets along with others and interacts with them positively. * Is Courteous/Friendly * Generally smiles, establishes eye contact, pleasant tone of voice, calls people by name, introduces self to patients; knocks before entering patient rooms; generally gives customer his/her full attention * Is Flexible/Adaptable * Easy going; works well under pressure; approaches change positively. Generally flexible with schedule changes
License: None required Degree: Associates or Bachelors Experience: Two years' secretarial Medical experience preferred
Title: Admin Asst
Location: Virginia-Pulaski-LewisGale Hospital-Pulaski
Requisition ID: 00041-16595