Indian Health Service Health System Administrator (Chief Executive Officer) in Rapid City, South Dakota
Indian Health Service
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Rapid City, SD
Work Schedule is Full Time - Multiple Appointment Types
Opened Tuesday 7/12/2016 (104 day(s) ago)
** Closes Saturday 12/31/2016 (68 day(s) away)
Become a part of an innovative, dynamic, nationwide organization of dedicated health care providers working to meet the individual health care needs of American Indians and Alaska Natives. Indian Health Service (IHS) employees are considerate in our care, creative in our approach, enthusiastic about our work and compassionate with our patients.
Our lifestyle is adventurous, community oriented and focused on the service and problem solving as part of a professional interdisciplinary team. Join us in improving the health outcomes of 2.2 million American Indians and Alaska Natives. This is an exciting opportunity to join a unique health care organization. As Chief Executive Officer (CEO) you will directly impact the local community you are working with as the top administrator of an IHS Hospital.
For this position IHS may pay up to 25% of annual salary as a RECRUITMENT OR RELOCATION INCENTIVE to an eligible candidate who signs a Service Agreement.
Organization Location: Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), Indian Health Services (IHS), Great Plains Area, in Rapid City, South Dakota. This position is located at the Rapid City (Sioux San) IHS Hospital and reports to the Deputy Director, Great Plains Area.
This position is being announced concurrently under Delegated Examining procedures. Please review vacancy announcement number IHS-16-GP-1751682-DE for eligibility requirements.
NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
- The CEO has overall responsibility for corporate compliance, planning, organizing, directing, implementing, executing and measuring all comprehensive health services programs operated by the Rapid City Hospital, including direct health care, indirect health care and community health services. The CEO manages the planning and operating of activities and programs concerning financial and human resources management. The CEO provides administrative leadership in planning, directing and coordinating Rapid City administrative service program. This includes the fields of procurement, contracting, personal property management, real property management, transportation, and office services.
- Works in coordination with all staff members to establish and maintain standards of care relevant to preventive, and therapeutic medical services. Ensures the hospital is operated within the standards of the Joint Commission Hospital Accreditation, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services or comparable accepted public health standards.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relations with the serviced population, Tribal governments, committees, boards, unions and councils in the development of programs to meet the health needs of the American Indian people served. Develops a comprehensive program plan with the community for the purpose of promoting IHS activities and services, and coordinating these activities with tribally-operated programs. Identifies the changing needs of the American Indian population, and initiates program improvements and modifications to meet those needs and to achieve IHS goals and objectives.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel may be required for training and/or other work related duties.
- Relocation expenses WILL BE authorized and WILL BE PAID as defined under federal travel regulations. You will be required to sign a one year service agreement. Failure to fulfill the one year service agreement may result in repayment of relocation expenses.
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957
- Drug Testing is not required for initial employment
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- Selectee may be required to fulfill supervisory probationary period.
- Financial disclosure required.
- Selectee will be subject to a pre-employment fingerprint check.
- ### Qualifications
To qualify for this position, your resume must state sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are applying. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer and part time experience. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: GS-15: Your resume must demonstrate at least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector performing the following type of work.
*Experience managing all activities of a health care delivery system either in an operating health care facility or a higher organizational echelon with direct line responsibility and full accountability over such facilities. *
Time-In-Grade Requirements: Merit Promotion (status) candidates must have completed one year of service at the next lower grade level. Time-In-Grade provisions do not apply under the Excepted Service Examining Plan (ESEP).
To be referred, you must meet the requirements of the job before a cut-off date. The first cut off date is July 25, 2016.
Applications of qualified applicants received after the first cut-off date will be referred every ten business days until the closing date of December 31, 2016 or once a selection is made.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
You will receive an acknowledgement from USAJOBS that your submission was successful once we have received your on-line occupational questionnaire, resume, and any supporting documentation. You will be notified of the status of your application via your USAJOBS Account after we conduct a qualification review of your complete application package. You will be contacted if further evaluation or interviews are required. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempt to conceal information may disqualify you for employment consideration. We may verify all information you provide in your resume and questionnaire responses, through reference and/or background check, and/or verification of your education. If you are selected, you will be contacted personally by the Human Resources (HR) office posting this announcement.
If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You can review our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
Federal Employees earn annual leave at a rate (4, 6 or 8 hours per pay period) which is based on the number of years they have served as a Federal employee. IHS may offer newly-appointed Federal employees credit for their directly related previous non-federal experience or active duty uniformed military service. This credited service can be used in determining the rate at which annual leave is earned.
*A one-year supervisory/managerial probationary period may be required upon selection/placement. *
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a pre-employment fingerprint check and background investigation. Fingerprint results and background investigation documentation must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints and background investigation documentation. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free
Salary Range: $117,376.00 to $152,593.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0670-15/15
Supervisory Status: Yes
Who May Apply: Indian Preference, non-competitive eligibility, PHS Commissioned Corps Officers, career/career conditional appointments; reinstatement eligibles; applicants eligibles for non-competitive appointment; VEOA/VRA/30% disabled veterans; CTAP/ICTAP; Schedule A eligibles
Control Number: 444394600
Job Announcement Number: IHS-16-GP-1749350-ESEP/MP