IMVU Senior Front End Web Developer - 3D Tools in Redwood City, California
Senior Front End Web Developer
Redwood City, CA
IMVU is seeking an awesome front end web developer to help us deliver an amazing browser based 3D animation and rendering tool to our over 9 million active users. We are building the cornerstone 3D tools that drive the creation of our WithMoji 3D stickers. You will have the opportunity to work with other amazing engineers to solve tough problems, creating a product that will delight our customers and drive our business, and you will expand your own capabilities while solving the interesting technical challenges in front of us.
You will work very closely with our visual designers, user experience experts and 3D engine team members to deliver a powerful yet usable 3D tool for building 3D scenes that animate avatars in fun and engaging ways.
• BA/BS in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
• Minimum 7 years experience as a software engineer
• Experience balancing short-term vs. long-term needs, business needs, customer needs, quality and time to market
• Willing and able to push back when appropriate to do the right thing by the customer and the business
• A firm grasp of fundamentals including object oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
• Experience working with a RESTful LAMP stack
• You are familiar with the HTTP protocol, particularly with respect to headers and caching rules
• You are knowledgeable in the general heuristics for cache-ability
• Strong working knowledge of cross platform/browser compatibility issues (IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome)
• Familiar with Backbone, Handlebars, SASS, or other adjacent technologies
• Have worked with test driven development in the past, specifically integration tools such as Selenium, Jasmine, QUnit, or similar
• You've made contributions to open source projects (i.e. code we can review)
• You have some basic DevOPS experience and you are not be afraid of diving into the CLI and shell to unblock yourself
IMVU, the #1 avatar-based social network welcomes users to join a never-ending world where anything is possible, including connecting with people from all over the world. It's here that the fun is infinite and reality is limitless. The IMVU Virtual Shop is the largest of its kind, with an inventory of more than 20 million user-generated, VR-ready goods and growing everyday. From collections that include the hottest trends and throwback sneakers to fairy wings and couture gowns, the marketplace allows our users to personalize, customize and stylize their 3D avatars and environments to their hearts' content. With over three million unique users every month, our platform is poised for future growth and available on desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
Our Engineers are given significant autonomy over their work: we hire smart people and trust them to use their creativity and talents to do right by their peers and our customers. We are longstanding evangelists of Continuous Deployment, strong supporters of open source software and we spawned the Lean Startup movement. We value humility, open collaboration and foster an environment that supports learning from and mentoring others. We want you to grow your talent and career. We’ll provide plenty of interesting challenges and strong support to ensure your success. At IMVU, we solve challenging problems and create amazing products together every day! Check out some of what we’re doing on our Engineering blog: http://im.vu/engineering
Founded in 2004 and based in the heart of Silicon Valley, IMVU is led by a team that's dedicated to pioneering the virtual reality industry. IMVU is backed by venture investors Menlo Ventures, Allegis Capital, Bridgescale Partners and Best Buy Capital.
IMVU has been recognized frequently as Best Place to Work in the Silicon Valley.
HOW TO APPLY
• Please try out our core product before you apply. We’d like you to understand our products and have some understanding of our customers.
• Please include a cover letter. Make sure to discuss why you are interested in learning more about IMVU. Job applications without cover letters will not be considered.
IMVU is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.