Grand Sierra Resort and Casino Banquet Bartender in Reno, Nevada
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and provide proper and professional beverage service to all customers and cocktail staff in a friendly, courteous and timely manner.
- All duties are to ensure the hotel’s beverage department employees and guests receive a quality product and good service.
- Take beverage orders from customers and make per departmental standards, and deliver to customer in a timely manner.
- Input and ring-up charges for guest’s orders using the POS system. Create a check for each transaction, make and return any change as needed.
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of guest areas and equipment at all times including: removing empty glasses/bottles, cleaning ashtrays, empting garbage, sweeping/mopping floors, scrubbing/sanitizing equipment, etc.
- Maintain proper and adequate set-up of bar on a daily basis including, before, after and during shift. Refill chemicals, hand soap containers, etc. Refill ice and beer bins, utilizing ice making machines.
- Listen and respond to guest inquiries using a positive, clear speaking voice. Answer questions and offer assistance to provide guest satisfaction. Relay accurate information to guests regarding hours of operation, Hotel services, directions to local attractions or function rooms, car rentals, airline shuttle service, etc.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules that reflect the business needs of the Hotel.
- Make constant contact with both internal and external customers to provide optimal guest service.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Ability to obtain/renew all government required licenses (Gaming Registration, Alcohol Awareness Education Certification) or certification.
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to talk on the phone for long periods of time
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including morning, swing, late night shifts (until 2am) and occasional split shifts
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Minimum 2 years of customer service experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Self-starter with great organizational skills.
- People smarts and strong interpersonal skills.
- Proactive and works well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Must speak, read, write and understand English.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly standing, kneeling, walking, reaching, twisting, grasping, lifting, listening, using computer, telephone, and speaking.
- Frequently using wrist motion, dexterity, eye-hand coordination, and writing, typing on computer keyboard.
- Frequently carrying, pushing, and pulling up to 25 lbs.
Age Requirement: Must be 21 years or Over
# of openings: 1