Federal Aviation Administration Management and Program Analyst in Renton, Washington
Federal Aviation Administration
- 1 vacancy - Renton, WA
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Tuesday 10/18/2016 (7 day(s) ago)
** Closes Thursday 10/27/2016 (2 day(s) away)
About the Agency
Air Traffic Organization, Western Service Center, Administrative Services Group, Management Support Team, AJV-W520
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process FOIA/Privacy Act (PA) requests; research and analyze FOIA/PA information and prepare responses to requesters and agency management.
- Review records, make FOIA exemption determinations, calculate fees, prepare and finalize responses to routine and complex FOIA requests.
- Provides internal oral briefings and responds to other internal inquiries as well as requester queries by telephone and email, with all responses completed in a timely and courteous manner, and reflecting determinations within the parameters of established law and policy.
- Maintain frequent contact with internal and external customers on routine matters such as gathering information, explaining FOIA law, discussing concerns, resolving issues, and explaining the status of assignments.
- Review and interpret applicable case law, rules, and federal regulations. Coordinate with legal and other subject matter experts to fulfill FOIA/PA requests.
- Redacting responsive materials determined to be withholdable under the FOIA/PA consistent with applicable exemptions, and ensuring the exemptions are adequately referenced on or near the redaction.
- Assists in the development of functional programs and materials. Analyzes internal processes and plans. Recommends and or implements procedural and policy changes to improve operations.
- Preparing and delivering written and oral communications to management officials and the general public.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- Interviews may be conducted.
To qualify for the FV-H Band position, you must demonstrate in your application that you possess at least one year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to FV-G, FG/GS-10/11 in the Federal Service. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. Specialized experience includes, but is not limited to: demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of applicable FOIA federal laws, regulations, principles, and working experience with the FOIA processes, rules and regulations.
Applicants should include examples of specialized experience in their work history.
Qualifications must be met by the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
Please ensure you answer all questions and follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may impact your rating or may result in you not being considered for the job.
We are not accepting applications from noncitizens.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
Candidates for FAA positions are evaluated using our Automated Vacancy Information Access Tool for Online Referral (AVIATOR) system. AVIATOR compares your skills and experience as described in your application with the requirements of the position. If you are found to be an eligible, highly-qualified candidate, you will be referred to the selecting official for further consideration. (In some cases, individuals with priority for special consideration must be considered and selected before other candidates.) Whether or not you are contacted for an interview depends upon the location of the position and the judgment of the selecting official.
Important - If you make any change to your application, you must resubmit it. If you change your application and do not resubmit it, your changes will not be considered part of your application package, and your previous application will be considered.
FAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Office of Civil Rights (ACR)
Review our benefits
We may use this vacancy to fill other similar vacant positions. Travel may be required. Position may be subject to a background investigation. A one-year probationary period may be required. The person selected for this position may be required to file a financial disclosure statement within 30 days of entry on duty. FAA policy limits certain outside employment and financial investments in aviation-related companies.
Applicants must apply on-line to receive consideration for this vacancy announcement. Faxed, mailed or e-mailed applications cannot be accepted.
You may also be considered for this vacancy based on eligibility under the 30% or More Disabled Veteran Program, Veterans’ Recruitment Appointment, and Persons with Disabilities/Persons with Targeted Disabilities. To be considered for one of these special hiring authorities, you must identify your eligibility in your questionnaire in the Applicant-Preferred Conditions of Employment section. In addition, you must submit documentation that provides evidence of eligibility as indicated in the "Required Documents" section of the announcement.
As a part of the Federal-Wide Hiring Reform Initiative (streamlining the hiring process), the FAA is committed to eliminating the use of the Knowledge, Skills and Ability (KSA) narratives from the application in the hiring process for all announcements. Therefore, as an applicant for this announcement, you are NOT required to provide a narrative response in the text box listed below each KSA.
In lieu of providing a KSA narrative response in the text box listed below each KSA in your work history, please include WORK HISTORY THAT DESCRIBES HOW YOU MEET THE ANSWER YOU CHOSE FOR EACH KSA. Your work history examples should be specific and clearly reflect the highest level of ability. Your KSA answers will be evaluated further to validate whether the level that you selected is appropriate. Your answers may be adjusted by a Human Resource Specialist as appropriate.
Eligible applicants meeting the minimum qualification requirements and selective factor(s), if applicable, may be further evaluated on the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA); listed in the announcement. Based on this evaluation, applicants will be placed in one of the following categories: score order, category grouping, or priority grouping and referred to the selecting official for consideration.
The FAA is an excepted service agency. Basic Federal employee benefits remain the same as other Federal agencies.
This position is covered by the FAA Core Compensation plan. Additional information about core compensation is available on the following website: http://jobs.faa.gov/FAACoreCompensation.htm
This is not a bargaining unit position.
Links to Important Information:Locality Pay, COLA
Salary Range: $62,982.00 to $97,623.00 / Salary includes a locality payment of 22.26%
Series & Grade: FV-0343-H/H
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens - This announcement is open to US Citizens only
Control Number: 453649500
Job Announcement Number: ANM-ATO-17-ASG-50071