SAP Senior Cloud Ops Escalation Engineer Job in Reston, Virginia
Requisition ID: 123100
Work Area: Information Technology
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
Senior Cloud Ops Escalation Engineer
SAP SuccessFactors is seeking a Senior Cloud Ops Escalation Engineer to join our Cloud Service Delivery Operations Team. As part of this team, you will have an integral part in supporting operations of our cloud based products and services across 10 Global Data Centers and ensuring superior service delivery to our customers.
We need an experienced Escalation/De-Escalation Engineer focusing on both soft and physical layers of our global operations. This Engineer who will focus on our HCM suite of software delivery, with a focus on Operations as a part of the software solution.
Like traditional Operations, our goal is to ensure critical systems continue to run, perform well and scale for an ever increasing demand. Unlike traditional Operations, you will have visibility into all tiers of the service, from code to application lifecycle to infrastructure.
What makes this position unique is the need for an incredibly strong technical background, combined with leadership abilities with a history of problem solving and driving down time to resolution on service impacting events. Your mission will be to proactively own high severity escalations, lead the technical engagement and restore operational state to service as in a minimal amount of time. We want people who love to solve problems!
Technologies engaged will include, but are not limited to: Java based applications, .NET based applications, network and storage, compute, database, and various monitoring solutions. Strong candidates will have experience with multiple technology layers and an understanding of operations and development methodologies.
• Take leadership and drive technical escalations to resolution to ensure maximum availability and performance
• Encourage and drive innovative thinking to solve complex problems
• Drive solutions for major escalations in complex environments, in cooperation with development, infrastructure and operations
• Identify areas of issue, concern or weakness and work cross functionally to deliver solutions to improve the availability, scalability, performance and efficiency of SAP SuccessFactors’ service.
• Identify problems relating to mission critical services and push requirements to aid in recovery automation and avoid problem reoccurrence.
• Work with DevOps, Development and Delivery to capture and drive root cause remediation data and requirements.
• Be an advocate for continuous improvement of service and design
• 7 years of software development, production operations or support engineering experience
• Good Understanding of Cloud Base Operations, Deployments, Procedures and Standard
• Solid experience with Web & Java enterprise application services such as; Apache, NGINX, IIS, JBoss. Tomcat. Weblogic, Websphere, Glassfish, .NET
• Excellent understanding of core Internet technologies, networks and protocols such as: TCP/UDP, IP, DNS, HTTP, TLS, SMTP, Load Balancers, VLANS, Firewalls
• Detailed understanding of Linux/Unix based systems from kernel, shell, scripting, etc.
• Solid Understanding of Enterprise / Service Provider Data Center Architecture (high density servers, backbone routers/switches, load balancers, SAN/NAS)
• Solid understanding of IT security principles and disaster recovery
• Strong technical grounding & experience with enterprise database technology (e.g. HANA, MaxDB, Sybase, Oracle, MS SQL) a plus
• Strong familiarity Enterprise class Fault Monitoring and Performance Management tools
• Experience driving technical solution.
• Must have demonstrated leadership ability in a team with diverse backgrounds in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
• Strong verbal, written communications skills and presentation skills
• Interaction with multi-national colleagues
Education / Certifications:
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field – or equivalent applied experience.
• Industry Certifications a Plus: RHCE, VCA, OCA, CCNP, ITIL, PMP
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: email@example.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Additional Locations: No Selection