EMC Advisory Solutions Architect in Richardson, Texas
VCE Professional Services Data Center Practice is looking for a Solutions Architect who has a good mix of technology, leadership and business acumen. This role requires both broad and deep technology knowledge and the ability to assist customers in reaching their business goals and objectives through consulting led engagements. Demonstrated ability to engage at the CxO level in technology decision maker discussions related to agility, business value, benefits of converged infrastructure and end-to-end security and availability is critical. Candidates must have a passion for the customer, the business and technology, which is demonstrated through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the customer experience.
This is a billable consulting role that will require travel to support customer engagements and business development activity. Primary responsibilities will include leading the technical requirement gathering and design of solutions for customers as part of a consulting led engagement. The Architect will understand the alignment between business requirements and service offerings.
This will require knowledge and experience in critical domain areas such as converged infrastructure (Virtualization, Storage & Network), Management & Orchestration, Monitoring, Security, Data Protection, IT Operations etc. This role may also require the candidate to act as the overall Technical Design Authority in complex multi-practice Services engagements, in partnership with other consultants, architects and technical delivery resources.
This role will lead or contribute to the design, development and maintenance of Data Center Service offerings. This will require the candidate to contribute to the development of services assets such as design documentation, best practices, templates, practitioner’s guides etc. that can be used to accelerate service delivery and repeatability. This role also requires working within the Data Center Practice Advisory team to assist with the development of a WBS, required delivery skills matrix, LoE, and high level project plans, as part of a custom services proposal or for a new or updated standard services offering.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in the following areas: converged infrastructure, hyperconverged infrastructure, software-defined data center services, cloud management and services solutions, virtualization, data protection, security, compliance and isolation in multi-tenant environments, next-generation infrastructure, enterprise management & orchestration tools and enterprise CMDBs. The candidate should understand and be able to deliver VCE, Cisco, EMC and VMware’s messaging in these areas. The candidate must also have hands-on experience in implementing solutions in these areas using Cisco, EMC and VMware products. The candidate must have excellent communication skills, consultative presence and leadership, and real world service delivery experience.
This role will report to the Technical Consulting Practice leader and will be measured both in terms of success in front of customers and success in collaborating with peers to advance the Data Center Services portfolio.
Summary of Responsibilities:
• Lead development & propagation of new Data Center Service Offerings
• Lead definition of customer solutions and architecture strategies as part of billable consulting engagements
• Oversee Exec level project engagements and communications for all consulting led engagements
• Lead the technical planning & requirements gathering phases of a custom DC services engagement
• Lead DC services specific pre-sales customer engagements and proposals
• Support the DC Practice Advisory group in creating project plans, work-breakdown structures, LoE, skills matrices and risk management profiles as part of proposals or initial project delivery
• Represent VCE Professional Services and specifically Data Center Services at industry events by presenting strategies and customer references
• Along with DC Practice Management and Product Management lead the definition of DC portfolio & service offering strategy and investment and RTM/GTM alignment with V/C/E service practices and VCE partners.
• Provide technical support or leadership in the development and continual improvement of service offerings and services assets
• Maintain and improve technical skills, acumen and competency in the strategic domain practice areas of VCE’s Data Center Services organization
• Work with the vArchitect team to ensure designs that are produced for non-standard solutions comply with VCE best practice and meet customer requirements prior to deal close
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.
Critical Hiring Criteria:
Education / Experience Required
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering or other relevant subject
• Current Cisco, EMC or VMware certifications of the “Specialist” or “Advanced Professional” level
• At least 7 years experience in IT planning for clients in a consultative practice, generating deliverables
• At least 7 years experience in IT solution development
• At least 7 years experience in Client communications and presentation
• At least 7 years experience in Executive level presentation
• Strong executive level written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with matrix team management
• Must have participated in one or more projects involving:
Process Frameworks: IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL), ISO 20000, TM Frameworx
ITIL: Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation, Continual Service Improvement and the processes in each of these five lifecycle phases.
IT Service Management Tools - eg: HP OpenView, Peregrine Service Center, BMC Remedy, BMC Patrol, BMA Atrium, IBM Tivoli, CA Unicenter, CIAC, VMware vCloud Director, VMware vRealize Suite, Oracle Enterprise manager, Microsoft SCOM, ServiceNow
Converged Server Technologies: Cisco UCS, HP BladeSystem, IBM BladeCenter
Converged Network Technologies: Cisco Nexus, HP FlexFabric, IBM Flex System
Data Center Technologies: BC / DR Solutions such as EMC RecoverPoint, EMC VPLEX Metro, EMC Avamar and Data Domain
SAN and NAS Storage: EMC VNX, EMC VMAX, EMC Isilon, EMC SRDF, EMC VPLEX, NetApp ONTAP, HP 3PAR, HP EVA, IBM XIV, IBM Storwiz, IBM DS8000, IBM SONAS
Converged Infrastructure: VCE Vblock, HP CloudSystem, IBM PureSystems
Hyperconverged Infrastructure: VCE VxRail, Nutanix, SimpliVity
Software Defined Network Solutions: VxLAN, VMware NSX and Cisco ACI
Network Security: VMware vCNS, Cisco VSG, Cisco ASA/vASA, HP TippingPoint, Citrix NetScaler
Hypervisor Technology: VMware ESXi, OpenStack KVM, Oracle VM, Citrix XenServer
Service Management Architecture
Experience with ITIL Strategy
• Readiness to travel 50-60% annually for customer engagements
• Must be fluent in English, additional languages are beneficial
211 - VCE
US - Illinois - Chicago, US - Massachusetts - Hopkinton, US - Texas - Richardson