Columbia Sportswear Company Merchandise Coordinator in Richmond, California
United States, California, Richmond
1000023Q Requisition #
Oct 13, 2016 Post Date
Do you live for the outdoors? We do! For over 20 years, Mountain Hardwear had pushed the limits of what is possible. From weekend warriors to Everest summits, we are a brand built by passionate people who know what it takes to be best in class!
Today, Mountain Hardwear inspires people across the globe to push their weekends longer and their limits further, and it's our dedication to premium gear that gets them there and back again. To us, this is more than a job; it's a way of life. Are you ready to join our team?
This position plays a key role in the continued development and growth of apparel by providing support for all apparel categories. Key responsibilities include data entry management and overall Pre-Season maintenance of PDM including communication of changes and continued accuracy of assortment plans.
The focus of the Merchandise Coordinator is to gain an overall knowledge and familiarity of the apparel assortments to ensure assortment tools are complete and accurate and cross-functional communication is distributed.
Work with the Product Line Managers to enter, update and maintain all data in PDM as well as Line Plan worksheets, and Line Architecture Tools.
Ensure timely communication with cross-functional team on changes/shifts.
Provide assistance in preparation for key meetings and deliverables; including sample management and preparing line sheets.
Ensure the accuracy of the style and product line information in the PDM system throughout the creation process.
Participate in team meetings, staff meetings, and other meetings as needed to assure strong communication on all process and product related issues.
Act as key contact in the absence of the Product Line Manager. Interpret policies & procdures and make decisions to keep the design process moving forward to meet design timelines.
Coordinate merchant activities with other team members to ensure processes are consistent, Apparel goals are met, and resources are optimally leveraged.
Make travel arrangements and prepare expense reports for Sr. PLMs, when requested.
Maintain positive open lines of communication with all Columbia management, staff and other departments in order to contribute to the smooth flow of information and efficient operation of the organization
- Possessexcellent organizational skills.
- Possess strong computer skills (MS Word,Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
- Proficient computer data entry, reportgeneration and file maintenance techniques.
- Possess a strong interest in apparel design and development.
- Excellent verbal and written communicationsskills. Prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Mental capability to troubleshoot and solve problems of a moderatecomplexity/difficulty.
- Identifypriorities and execute with a sense of urgency as well as process initiativeand the ability to work independently.
- PDM knowledge/experience is a plus.
- A High School orequivalent degree required.
- Bachelor’sdegree in business or related discipline preferred.
- Requiresa minimum of 5-7 years administrative or merchandising experience.
- Maybe required to work in excess of 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per weekduring peak season.
- Pressure exists when facing deadlines.
- Exposure to acomputer CRT.
- Must be physically able tosit for extended periods of time, bend, stoop, kneel, operate computerhardware/software including keyboarding.
- Must have excellent eyesight free fromany color impairment.
- Physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Limitedopportunity for travel, may be asked to visit CSC HQ, local buying trips, salesmeeting.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list ofduties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of theposition's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Age .