Columbia Sportswear Company Mountain Hardwear Product Developer, Sportswear in Richmond, California
Mountain Hardwear Product Developer, Sportswear
United States, California, Richmond
100001VP Requisition #
Oct 03, 2016 Post Date
Do youlive for the outdoors? We do! For over 20 years, Mountain Hardwear had pushedthe limits of what is possible. From weekend warriors to Everest summits, weare a brand built by passionate people who know what it takes to be best inclass!
Today,Mountain Hardwear inspires people across the globe to push their weekendslonger and their limits further, and it's our dedication to premium gear thatgets them there and back again. To us, this is more than a job; it's a way oflife. Are you ready to join our team?
Responsiblefor managing the development process for assigned apparel, accessory and/orequipment products by collaborating closely with all cross-functional partnersand contract manufacturers to ensure that design integrity, quality, and targetprice are met/maintained and that products are developed within establishedtimelines. Must remain true andsensitive to the creative directions of Design/Merchandising, while maintainingthe highest quality of standards for product development. Balance the needs of Design, Merchandising,Production, and Liaison Offices.
- Collaborate with Designer and Technical Specialistto procure critical design information related to the technical developmentrequirements of a style or product including; material, trim color directionand style intent and tech pack creation
- Shepherd prototype creation through pattern,sample, fit and grading processes collaborating closely with these groups toensure specification and prototypes are as accurate as possible and representdesign intention
- Offer suggestions, changes and productionperspectives to improve products and insure successful commercialization of theproduct during manufacturing
- Involved or may be solely responsible forcosting of product; must influence and direct the design to cost process
- Establish parameters for stylespecifications, style measurements, quality standards and construction details
- Identify/document any construction details orsew methods that need to be communicated to the garment factories
- Communicate all style development to theappropriate liaison office keeping them abreast of progress and concerns
- Work closely with Sourcing, Planning, Quality Assurance, Material Research, LOMerchandising team to understand our contract manufacturers capabilities andlimitations
- Work closely with Sourcing and MaterialResearch to identify and source appropriate materials and trims for styledevelopment, keeping proposed garment country of origin in mind at all times; assistwith creating and updating seasonal materials and parts lists and color developmentlab dip needs
- Review factory prototypes for accuracy,quality and function. Communicatefindings to the appropriate persons including, Design / Merchandising, Sourcing,Quality Assurance and the LO Merchandising team
- Communicate via email and PDM system allstyle development information to the appropriate liaison office keeping themabreast of progress and changes.
- For the assigned category; ensure that Billsof Materials, specifications, measurements and construction comments are inputinto database, maintained and accurate. Manage prototype samples.
- Create strong cross-functional teaminteraction with all Product Creation team members as well as manufacturers toensure a coordinated and efficient process
- Bachelor'sdegree in related field; course work in textiles, manufacturing or relateddesired
- 3-5yrs experience in Product Development, Textile, Design and/or related garmentindustry experience
- Workexperience directly related to apparel product development is required
- Understandingof outdoor industry trends and consumer preferences a plus
- Comprehensive knowledge of garmentconstruction methods and manufacturing sewing operations; including patternmaking, grading and the marker making process. Possess strong knowledge of materials and functional aspects of garments
- Extensive knowledge of fabrics and trimsassociated with the development process
- Possess strong organizational skills andability to work under pressure, meet strict timelines and manage multiple taskssimultaneously.
- Possess strong written and verbalcommunication skills to deal with various levels of management and employeeswithin the organization as well as vendors and worldwide personnel.
- Ability to motivate individuals involved inthe production process.
- Ability to negotiate production deadlineswith individuals/departments involved.
Thisjob description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties andresponsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scopeand function in the company.