HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Director - Oncology Services (Cancer Center) in Richmond, Virginia
Henrico Doctors’ Hospital, an HCA Hospital, is a 340-bed community hospital with the latest in advanced technology, a combination that enables us to deliver exceptional results. As part of our full range of healthcare services, we specialize in cancer, heart and stroke care, women's health, orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We have achieved national accreditation in cancer care by the American College of Surgeons for almost 20 years, and one of the first in Virginia (2009) to hold accreditation by the National Accreditation Program of Breast Centers (NAPBC). As a leader in providing disease-specific multidisciplinary cancer conferences and clinics in a community-based cancer center, we provide comprehensive treatment planning, nurse navigation, psychosocial care, palliative care, genetic evaluation, rehabilitative services, diagnostic and treatment modalities.
We are currently recruiting for a Director for our Cancer Center.
The Director for Oncology Services assumes 24-hour responsibility and accountability for Oncology services.
• The position requires knowledge and skills of professional nursing practice, leadership in administration, fiscal management, effective interpersonal relationships and strong communication.
• Provides leadership and support to the oncology staff using creative leadership to ensure best outcomes in high quality compassionate patient care.
• Works with medical staff and other health care professionals collaboratively for planning, organizing and overseeing all processes related to organizational quality outcomes measurement, risk management, patient safety, regulatory compliance.
• Demonstrated effectiveness in managing, directing departmental operations and management/supervisory personnel, evaluating, training and motivating performance.
• Ability to accomplish results through others. Demonstrated ability to delegate effectively and to establish clear guidelines for accountability.
• Strong business planning and program development skills with a proven track record in the development of quality clinical services.
• Participates in formulating organization policy, develops and/or reviews procedures essential to the achievement of objectives and the ability to make recommendations to Senior Management.
• Ability to use planning, research, foresight and facility goals and needs to analyze and make decisions without delay while involving appropriate parties.
• Develops, directs and insures the implementation of department services that promote optimum health care delivery and customer service.
• Promotes and continually educates employees on concept of excellent service for all customers of the hospital, to include patients, visitors, physicians and employees.
• Accountable for creating a system which fosters participation and collaboration in planning, implementing and evaluating standards to insure safe, efficient and therapeutically effective health care.
• Maintains employee satisfaction score at goal of division/corporate level.
• Maintains Employee's pay record via Kronos.
• Provides performance feedback for staff.
• Provides education for the development of staff.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree but Master’s PREFERRED (MBA, MHA) • CPR Certification • Must have FIVE (5) years or more of Director level experience • Strong communication, organizational, interpersonal and customer service skills required • Able to work in a fast-paced environment • Knowledge in the guidelines and requirements of applicable Regulatory agencies such as JCAHO, AHCA, OSHA
Title: Director - Oncology Services (Cancer Center)
Location: Virginia-Richmond-Henrico Doctors Hospital Forest
Requisition ID: 00448-31833