Convergys Technical Support Associate 1 in Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Technical Support Associate 1
Customer Service - Client Technical Support Representative
Do you enjoy taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions?
Do you love helping people and teaching them something new?
Are you familiar with tablets and personal digital devices?
A wage of $11.50 per hour with up to $14 per hour with added bonuses
Convergys also offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
· Healthcare Benefits Coverage
· Life & ADD Coverage
· Short & Long Term Disability Coverage
Convergys’ Customer Service - Client Technical Support Representatives in Rio Rancho, NM support the largest consumer electronics company in the world. To keep this customers services moving, Technical Support Representatives respond to a wide array of support questions from customers via e-mail and phone. We answer questions, offer advice, and serve as advocates for our client’s customer service brand.
As a Customer Service - Client Technical Support Representative, a typical day will include the following:
Provide excellent customer service by greeting customers in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner.
Listening attentively to customer needs and concerns; demonstrate empathy while maximizing opportunity to build rapport with the customer.
Provide basic technical support in a call center setting via phone, live (chat/instant message) or e-mail by following processes which will identify if the technical issue can be quickly fixed or needs to be escalated to a higher level technical support representative.
Assist external users of the client's technical products or services by answering questions and solving problems involved in their use.
Confirm customer understanding of the solution and provide additional customer education as needed.
Respond to voice mail messages from customers and other parties in timely manner
Make follow up outbound calls to customers and other parties as a part of case resolution process
Brainstorm with the team to come up with ideas to resolve problems to better serve the customer and/or improve productivity.
We are looking for team members with experience helping people solve problems. We have a diverse technical support team that we are looking to build upon with individuals who enjoy being part of tight knit team, and have a passion for providing outstanding customer service and support.
Essential Functions/Core Responsibilities
• Ensure service delivered to our customers meets contractual Key Performance Indicator (‘KPIs’)
• Clarify customer requirements; probe for understanding, use decision-support tools and resources to appropriately provide resolution to the customer
• Listen attentively to customer needs and concerns; demonstrate empathy while maximizing opportunity to build rapport with the customer
• Greet customers in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner using agreed upon procedures
• Maintain basic knowledge of client products and/or services
• Prepare complete and accurate work including appropriately notating accounts as required
• Participate in activities designed to improve customer satisfaction and business performance
• May offer additional products and/or services
• Track, document and retrieve information in call tracking database
• May respond to customer inquiries by referring them to published materials, secondary sources or more senior staff
• High school diploma with three to six months of relevant experience preferred
• Courteous with strong customer service orientation
• Strong computer navigation skills and PC Knowledge
• Ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally
• Dependable with strong attention to detail
• Skilled in multi-tasking; including the ability to be flexible and adapt to changes quickly
• Tolerance for repetitive work in a fast-paced, high production work environment
• Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently
• Demonstrate patience in all customer contact situations; including maintaining a pleasant and professional tone and manner
• Ability to rotate shifts, as needed
• Based on location and/or program, additional experience/skills may be required
*Job requirements may vary by country and will not contravene any local laws
Career Framework Role
Has program required basic skill set to perform routine tasks within simple processes but lacking program/product specific knowledge. Works with close supervision and clearly defined procedures. Starting to demonstrate familiarity with client terminology, operating standards and procedures. Starter without sustained metric performance levels.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel working within this job title.
USA, Rio Rancho, NM
Who We Are
At Convergys, our mission is to set the standard in our industry through unparalleled care for our clients, customers & people.
For our clients, this means our 125,000 team members wake up every day united by a common goal: helping our clients maintain exceptional relationships with their customers.
For our people, this means a commitment to each other to accomplish great things, build careers, and have some fun along the way!
Build Your Career With Convergys
When you become part of our team, you join 125,000 talented people around the world who represent some of today’s leading brands. At Convergys, one of our values is to "Grow As a Team." It's in our DNA to prioritize teamwork and develop our people. By working together, we achieve great things for clients and create opportunities to build rewarding careers. You can be part of that when you join our team. And it's all at your fingertips!
Watch the video below to hear from some of our employees around the world as they talk about what it means to be part of the Convergys team.
Convergys has careers available in 31 countries at 150+ locations.
Establish your career with a company that has locations across the world. You can grow personally and professionally - and make a difference for customers and for the communities where we live and work.