The GEO Group SUPV, TRANSPORTATION in Robstown, Texas
This position is responsible for staff and operations responsible for transporting detainees to various locations as directed by the facility. This position is also responsible for ensuring that all vehicles and equipment used by the facility performs according to standard operation policies and procedures and maintenance of them is conducted regularly and in compliance with federal, state, and organization laws, rules, and regulations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Interviews and makes recommendations to hire Transportation Officers. Ensures necessary forms are completely accurately and thoroughly. Trains Transportation Officers on the policies and procedures related to transportation of detainees.
- Provides overall supervisory duties of the Transportation Officers assigned to the facility. Ensures proper scheduling. Mentors Transportation Officers as needed. Recommends performance improvement plans as needed. Implements effective disciplinary procedures when Transportation Officers do not follow the strict policies and procedures for transporting detainees. Recommends additional disciplinary action up to and including termination if Transportation Officers’ performance has not improved.
- Strives to continually improve the Transportation Officer"s knowledge and skills by facilitating training classes and material. Conducts refresher defensive driving courses to ensure Transportation Officers are knowledgeable on current policies and procedures.
- Ensures that the Transportation Officer"s scheduled hours stay within the policy and regulation constraints. Monitor Transportation Officer’s schedules on a weekly basis and makes necessary changes to ensure that the facility is in compliance with all federal Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations, along with the organizations policies and procedures. Provides retraining and counseling where applicable.
- Monitors and schedules maintenance services and repairs of all assigned vehicles. Ensures that all defects identified by the Transportation Officer or an inspectors are promptly repaired. Reviews the Daily Vehicle Inspection Reports from the Transportation Officers daily. Ensures effective recordkeeping and scheduling of vehicle service and inspection dates. Manages maintenance costs without jeopardizing safety components.
- Responds to all roadside inspections as applicable. Repairs and documents corrections of all violations and defects identified. References SafeStat records for his/her assigned vehicles and drivers and manages the scores for continual improvements in performance.
- Reports and investigates all accidents by assigned Transportation Officers. Corrects problem areas, and retrains, counsels, and disciplines if necessary. Ensures that all accidents are reviewed by the safety committee to determine the cause of the accident and if it was preventable. Conducts safety meetings on the appropriate ""topic of the day"". Continually interacts with Transportation Officers on safety interests and procedures to keep the safety commitment strong. Assists and represents the company in legal cases involving his/her assigned drivers.
- Maintains regulatory knowledge by attending at least eight hours per year of transportation or regulatory topics related to transportation activities. Creates networks with transportation authorities to ensure the facility is knowledgeable on transportation activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.