Lifetime Care Certified HHA - Guaranteed 40 hrs 6:30am-3pm - Home Care Cases Up to $2500 Bonus* in Rochester, New York
Lifetime Care has a need for a Home Health Aide with current NYS HHA certification to fill a FULLTIME GUARANTEED 40 HR PER WEEK floating aide employment opportunity servicing our home care patient needs. Must be available 6:30am-3pm Mon-Fri and willing to travel where ever requested within Monroe County. Mileage and paid travel time!
This position is eligible for up to a $2500 retention bonus * (*restrictions apply). Competitive hourly rates, paid travel time and mileage reimbursement!
Completion of a 1 day Conversion Class is required.
*_SUMMARY_: While following an individualized patient care plan as prescribed and ordered by a physician, Home Health Aides provide quality care to home-bound individuals requiring assistance with personal care and home support services. Assists with the physical/personal care of the individual to restore the activities of daily living. Home Health Aides maintain and record/write accurate patient records.*
- Observing and recording/documenting patient’s care, symptoms, emotional and physical status (vital signs (temperature, pulse, respirations and intake/output).
- Providing personal care assistance and home support services while supporting the patient's physical and emotional well-being. This will include assisting with morning care, evening care, toileting, bathing, and more.
- Maintaining a safe/hazard free and clean environment.
- Proper hand washing technique.
- *Planning and preparing meals. *
- Safe and proper patient transfering; including safe operation of Hoyer Lift and other equipment.
- Completing required paperwork according to established company policies.
- *Reporting pertinent observations and significant changes in patient’s condition to Registered Nurse. *
- *Assisting with medications which are ordinarily self-administered and which a physician has prescribed. *
- Supportive activities participation (to ensure maximum patient independence within their own residence).
- Maintains high regard for patient and family privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and the HIPAA.
- High school graduate or equivalent, plus possession of a valid/NYS DOH recognized C.N.A., or HHA certificate. Must possess a valid NYS Driver's License (a learner's permit is not permitted), your own reliable vehicle and a working telephone.
- Must be ready, willing and able to travel to where ever there is a HHA case to fill in the Monroe County area between the hours of 6:30am and 3pm.
- Certified HHA experience preferred.
- Must possess evidence of Certified HHA Class completion.
- Must have the ability to independently read, write, understand, and carry out directions or instructions and maintain simple records.
- Demonstrates commitment to outstanding customer service both internally and externally.
- Must respect patient confidentiality, have an empathetic attitude toward patients and families requiring care and must complete annual Home Health Aide education in-service requirements as required.
- Pre-training and pre-employment physical examination required to ensure the applicants ability to perform the essential responsibilities of the job. An annual health assessment as required by NYS Department of Health is also required.
Physical Requirements: In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Requisition Number: 16-1112
Post Date: 2/13/2017
Title: Certified HHA - Guaranteed 40 hrs 6:30am-3pm - Home Care Cases Up to $2500 Bonus*
Job Type: Full Time