Lifetime Care Pharmacy Billing Specialist in Rochester, New York
SUMMARY: Prepares and submits pharmacy reports, monitors and expedites payments, initiates claims research and maintains ongoing communications regarding collections and open claims. Is accountable for preparation of bank deposit information and prepares and submits month-end balancing information to management.
- Monitors the status of open pharmacy claims taking appropriate action to expedite payments.
- Prepares files or paper claims for submission. Works directly with insurance carriers and provider representatives to facilitate payments. Maintains ongoing communications regarding collection problems and open claims.
- Applies and maintains a record (billing journal) of all pharmacy payments received. Accountable for preparation of bank deposit information related to assigned carriers. Will also prepare and submit month-end balancing information to management during a designated timeframe.
- Performs a variety of related duties such as developing reports to initiate the scrubbing of claims; preparing both files and paper depending on both system and carrier needs; apply payments, research and resolution of denials related to both carrier and clearing house issues.
- Responsible for keeping management up-to-date on carrier changes and guideline requirements.
- Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
- Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
- Performs other functions as assigned by management.
- Regular reliable attendance is expected and required.
- A.A.S. degree in Business Administration with concentration or emphasis in accounting and at least one year of related experience is preferred. An equivalent combination of appropriate education or training, and substantial directly related experience will be considered.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of establishing and maintaining constructive relationships with outside professionals, patients, and all levels of staff and management. Must professionally and effectively interact with patients regarding their account and insurance billing.
- Ability to handle confidential information with the utmost discretion and confidentiality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and PC skills.
Requisition Number: 16-1153
Post Date: 9/27/2016
Title: Pharmacy Billing Specialist
Job Type: Full Time