Lifetime Care RN (Registered Nurse) Hospice Liaison - Evenings 12p-8p in Rochester, New York
Summary: The Hospice Liaison Nurse is responsible for representing Hospice and coordination of hospice services for patient within various inpatient medical settings.
NOTE: THIS POSITION INCLUDES EVENING HOURS 12NOON-8:00PM.
- Functions as a liaison to coordinate care for hospice patients admitted to hospital inpatient settings.
- Evaluates the eligibility, needs, and care resources for each patient referred to Lifetime Care for hospice services.
- Acts a hospice resource and represents hospice in the community in various health care settings; e.g., hospital, physician offices, clinics, etc.
- Participation in the development of the initial Plan of Care, documentation and coordination of activities assuring availability of services prior to the admission to hospice.
- Provision of care to hospitalized hospice patients by assuming case management responsibilities, and providing support to patient, family, and hospital staff.
- Demonstrates expertise in symptom management and acts as consultant to medical staff for palliative care related issues.
- Weekly participation in Inter-Disciplinary Group meeting.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited program of registered professional nurse, a valid NYS RN License, a minimum of 1-2 years current and related experience, and knowledge of hospice regulations required. Home Health Care/Hospice Agency experience preferred.
- Interest in and demonstrated comfort and sensitivity in caring for persons with terminal illness, and their families.
- Must be able to work in a variety of settings.
- Must be available to work evening hours of 12noon- 8pm.
- Willingness to work as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to travel required.
- Must demonstrate solid interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Basic computer skills are necessary, including but not limited to the ability to navigate on a personal computer within a Windows based operating environment; the ability to access and create basic e-mail messages and the ability to open, edit, and save basic electronic documents if necessary. With training provided, must demonstrate the ability to learn and utilize new systems, computer applications and operating environments as necessary.
Requisition Number: 16-0959
Post Date: 10/12/2016
Title: RN (Registered Nurse) Hospice Liaison - Evenings 12p-8p
Job Type: Full Time