Lifetime Care RN (Registered Nurse) Inpatient Hospice - 36 hrs per week - Evenings / OVNs - $5k Retention Bonus in Rochester, New York
NOTE: Position schedule is flexible and could be either evening shift / OVN shift rotation (work evenings one week and overnights the next), _-or-_**straight OVNs. This position is required to work 36 hours per week, including every other weekend.
This position is eligible for a $5,000 Retention Bonus - *Restrictions Apply; inquire for details.
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the provision of comprehensive nursing care to meet the needs of his/her patients. This nurse has the authority and accountability for utilizing the nursing process and delegating components of the nursing plan of care to allied nursing personnel. This includes participation in the Interdisciplinary Group to provide a comprehensive plan of patient care. The policies of the Medicare Conditions of Participation, Lifetime Care, Inc., and the Hospice Inpatient Unit are utilizied in the performance of all aspects of patient care.
- Systematically and continuously collects and documents assessment data regarding patient and family needs, identifying areas that required health care intervention.
- Communicates patient/family needs to the interdisciplinary group and assists in developing a comprehensive care plan for the patient and family.
- Develops, implements and evaluates goal directed plans of nursing intervention based on identified needs in collaboration with the attending physician and other health team members.
- Manages and coordinates complex as well as routine patient care in manner which ensures the efficient delivery of that care.
- Participates with the outpatient Hospice Nurse to assess the need for home health services and to develop the home care plan.
- Communicates all changes in patient status and/or service needs to the appropriate health team members and ensures appropriate action is taken.
- Facilitates the development and implementation of transfer to the home setting.
- Documents all patient care and coordinating activities in a concise, accurate, and timely manner.
- Provide support and direction to the family at the time of the patient’s death. May be involved in the family’s bereavement follow-up.
- Maintains an updated working knowledge of developments in nursing practice and community support services.
- Participates in utilization review and/or quality assurance activities as requested.
- Attends required staff meetings, inservices, and/or supervisory conferences when required.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Completion of an approved program of registered nursing, a valid NYS RN license and a minimum of 1-2 years of current/recent experience as a Staff RN in a home health care agency or acute care setting. Must have an interest in the care of the terminally ill and a desire to care for the family of the patient.
Requisition Number: 16-0896
Post Date: 9/22/2016
Title: RN (Registered Nurse) Inpatient Hospice - 36 hrs per week - Evenings / OVNs - $5k Retention Bonus
Job Type: Full Time