Indian Health Service Quality Management Director (RB2009) in Rosebud, South Dakota
Indian Health Service
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Rosebud, SD
Work Schedule is Full Time - Multiple Appointment Types
Opened Tuesday 7/19/2016 (99 day(s) ago)
** Closes Saturday 12/31/2016 (66 day(s) away)
Become a part of an innovative, dynamic, nationwide organization of dedicated health care providers working to meet the individual health care needs of American Indians and Alaska Natives. Indian Health Service (IHS) employees are considerate in our care, creative in our approach, enthusiastic about our work and compassionate with our patients.
Our lifestyle is adventurous, community oriented and focused on service and problem solving as part of a professional interdisciplinary team. Join us in improving the health outcomes of 2.2 million American Indians and Alaska Natives. ORGANIZATIONAL LOCATION: Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), Indian Health Services (IHS), Northern Plains Region, Great Plains Area, Administration Department, Rosebud*, South Dakota. * Position reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
This is an Open Until Filled Announcement. Certificate of eligible applicants will be issued to the Selecting Official on a bi-weekly basis.
Period of Eligibility: Applicants will remain eligible for three (3) months from the time the application is received. To remain in active status for positions announced under this open continuous announcement, ensure you keep you application information updated. Failure to keep information updated will result in "expired application" status and you will no longer be considered for future opening.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Administers oversight of the Quality Assessment Performance Improvement (QAPI) programs, governance oversight, risk management, safety, and infection control. Responsible to organize and coordinate the overall activities of the QAPI program to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Identifies and implements systems to effectively monitor compliance to new and evolving quality standards and implement new QAPI processes to meet changing requirements.
- Works with Medical Staff and Nursing Services across the departments to build a medical environment of qulaity and safe patient care.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel may be required for training and/or other work related duties.
- Selectee will be subject to a pre-employment fingerprint check.
- Selectee will be subject to a background investigation.
- Selectee will be subject to a probationary/trial period.
- ESEP appointees typically serve two year trial period.
- More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- Confidential Financial Disclosure Form required.
- Travel/Relocation Expenses will be Authorized
- Position is On Call with Administration
To qualify for this position, your resume must state sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are applying. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer and part time experience. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
For positions requiring positive education requirements, or if you are using education to meet all or part of the qualification requirements, you MUST submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned) in your resume.
BASIC REQUIREMENT(S): Degree: major study in an academic field related to the health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position.
*Evaluation of Experience for Grants Administration Positions *For positions at grades GS-12 and above involved in professional work in grants administration, qualifying experience is considered to be experience in grants administration in areas of science similar or related to the work of the position for which application is made, provided such experience involved professional judgment of a kind and level of difficulty and responsibility essential to successful performance in the position to be filled.
GS-13: One (1) year of Specialized Experience, equivalent to at least the GS-12 Grade level in the federal service.
Specialized Experience: Knowledge and experience Implementing a Medical-Clinical Quality Improvement Program to meet Joint Commission and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Accreditation Standards. Experience with Developing process to improve the delivery of patient care, both collaboratively and independently. Determine short-or-long term goals and strategies to develop continuous quality improvement methodologies. Time-In-Grade Requirements: Merit Promotion (status) candidates must have completed one year of service at the next lower grade level. Time-In-Grade provisions do not apply under the Excepted Service Examining Plan (ESEP).
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 pm (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: Saturday, December 31, 2016
What To Expect Next
You can track the progress of your application package via your USAJOBS account. You will receive an acknowledgement from USAJOBS that your submission was successful once we have received your on-line occupational questionnaire, resume, and any supporting documentation. You will be notified of the status of your application via your USAJOBS Account after we conduct a qualification review of your complete application package. You will be contacted if further evaluation or interviews are required. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempt to conceal information may disqualify you for employment consideration. We may verify all information you provide in your resume and questionnaire responses, through reference and/or background check, and/or verification of your education. If you are selected, you will be contacted personally by the Human Resources (HR) office posting this announcement.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You can review our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
This position is covered by a Bargaining Unit
This position meets the criteria specified in pillar number one of the five pillars of the PHS Commissioned Corps. PHS Commissioned Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps MUST apply online under the merit promotion announcement indicated above in order to receive consideration. For more information on PHS Commissioned Corps, visit the website at: http://www.usphs.gov/
Federal Employees earn annual leave at a rate (4, 6 or 8 hours per pay period) which is based on the number of years they have served as a Federal employee. IHS may offer newly-appointed Federal employees credit for their directly related previous non-federal experience or active duty uniformed military service. This credited service can be used in determining the rate at which annual leave is earned.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a pre-employment fingerprint check and background investigation. Fingerprint results and background investigation documentation must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints and background investigation documentation. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957. Seasonal Influenza immunization is required for civilian health care facility staff working in Indian Health Service health care facilities.
- Additional selections may be made on this vacancy.
- Government housing may be available - depending on availability.
- Drug testing is not required.
- Selectee(s) are required to have a viable bank account at a financial institution for electronic direct deposit of salary payment.
- A two-year trial period may be required upon selection/placement (ESEP only)
- Recruitment and relocation incentive maybe authorized.
- One Year Supervisory Probationary Reriod IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free
Salary Range: $84,443.00 to $109,781.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0601-13/13
Promotion Potential: 13
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: Candidates eligible under Indian Preference appointing authority (ESEP); All Federal employees serving on a career or career-conditional appointment; Reinstatement eligible; Veterans Preference including Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA); Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) eligible or Schedule A or PHS Commissioned Corps Personnel.
Control Number: 445120500
Job Announcement Number: IHS-R2-GP-1700634-ESEP/MP